Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was on the highway 3 days ago going to work. I was driving in D and it down shifted from 5th to 4th then all of a sudden I lost power. My jeep stayed on but it was acting like it was in neutral.

So now I can drive perfectly fine in 1st-3rd smooth shifts no issues but as soon as I try and go on to 4th it acts like I'm shifting into neutral and kicks code p0733. It will do the same thing if I'm going into 5th.

·
Super Moderator
14,914 Posts
Watch this video.

·
Super Moderator
14,914 Posts

·
Super Moderator
14,914 Posts
Replaced both sensors today and still having the same issue. The code will not kick now but I am still unable to get into 4th or 5th gear
Sorry to hear that. Hopefully someone else will chime in with a possible solution for you.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I noticed after the final drive reprogram recall, i cant tell if im actually getting 5th gear to engage ever.
Jfetto, did you have this done yet or was it already done when you bought the jeep?

Assuming the fluid is clean and filled to spec, I suspect it may be a programming issue , or solenoid failure.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I noticed after the final drive reprogram recall, i cant tell if im actually getting 5th gear to engage ever.
Jfetto, did you have this done yet or was it already done when you bought the jeep?

Assuming the fluid is clean and filled to spec, I suspect it may be a programming issue , or solenoid failure.
Not sure if that was ever done. 4th and 5th worked fine until that issue on the highway.

Fluid is clean that was the first thing I did and changed both filters. And filled properly

1 - 8 of 8 Posts