Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a used 06 Limited and the interior was is perfect shape except one little stupid thing. I am missing the grey rubber insert located in the compartment above the stereo. I can't find one on the internet anywhere and it is driving me nuts for some reason. Does anyone know where I might find one...thanks! I included a pic of what I am looking for.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Hmm have you tried the parts department? Someone here might have a manual with the exploded view that labels that part. Maybe if you had a part number that might help.

·
Registered
176 Posts
go to the dealership and take one from another Commander!

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Haha that's halarious! All for a part that probablly cost a few dollars.
That is funny...because my friends said the same thing. They were like just go test drive a used one and swipe it! I figure I better just go to the parts counter and get one otherwise next week someone will be posting the same thread about their used Commander they just bought...this thread would never end!! LOL :program:

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
That is funny...because my friends said the same thing. They were like just go test drive a used one and swipe it!
Might not want to take any advice from those friends :)

Try LKQ They have almost everything.

·
Premium Member
2,076 Posts
I just bought a used 06 Limited and the interior was is perfect shape except one little stupid thing. I am missing the grey rubber insert located in the compartment above the stereo. I can't find one on the internet anywhere and it is driving me nuts for some reason. Does anyone know where I might find one...thanks! I included a pic of what I am looking for.
Hey, this isn't minor! If you're OCD like me I understand why you're trying to find it....like mentioned, go to the dealership and make them get if for you...but do not take one from another XK!!!!!!!

·
Super Moderator
15,109 Posts

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Maybe someone that has changed to another deck might have one if they had to cut into that area. Not sure off hand if that would be an effected area for the big NAV units or not, but it's a thought...

·
Registered
176 Posts
fine then, how about leaving $5 on the consol area where you took that rubber thing. problem solved. also, enterprise rent a car usually carries Commanders w/o nav. nothing better than ripping off rental car companies.

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
fine then, how about leaving $5 on the consol area where you took that rubber thing. problem solved. also, enterprise rent a car usually carries Commanders w/o nav. nothing better than ripping off rental car companies.
If you are going to leave enough to be what it is worth, then buy it legitimately. If not, you're stealing. Rationalized theft is still theft.

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
If you are going to leave enough to be what it is worth, then buy it legitimately. If not, you're stealing. Rationalized theft is still theft.
Even if you left the money it is steal stealing (taking the property of another without their permission).

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
True..........

1 - 18 of 18 Posts