Jeep Commander Forum banner
1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was wondering if my commander was supposed to come with these or are they after market?

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
Re: Trail Rated Badge

It comes with one, on the driver's side fender ... IF you have a 4WD (with low range). It does not come on 2WD versions because the 2WD versions are not trail rated.

·
Registered
541 Posts

you can get them from justforjeeps.com (I think). Mine didn't come with them even though I am 4x4. I guess because I don't have the skid plates, etc.

·
Registered
2,473 Posts

Yes, you can get them from justforjeeps.com, I got mine for my Cherokee there.

·
Registered
556 Posts

Dabitz said:
you can get them from justforjeeps.com (I think). Mine didn't come with them even though I am 4x4. I guess because I don't have the skid plates, etc.
What skid plate? You mean the one on the front bottom? I don't have that, but the trail rated badge. Guess they just stick 'em on every other Jeep on the assembly line.:p

·
Registered
32 Posts

They only put the on the ones that have 4-low. Thus "trail-rated"

·
Registered
331 Posts

i worked for jeep when they came out with this trail rated thing. as i recall, it was to be put only on vehicles that could successfully navigate the rubicon trail.

·
Registered
126 Posts

You only get the trail-rated badge with the commanders equipped with Quadra-drive II, which provides 4-lo and independant traction control (power routed to individual tires). Quadra-trac I and II are not "trail-rated". Also worth noting, I haven't seen one yet w/ the trail rated badge that didn't also have the off-road kit.

!c

·
Registered
556 Posts

commanderdrone said:
You only get the trail-rated badge with the commanders equipped with Quadra-drive II, which provides 4-lo and independant traction control (power routed to individual tires). Quadra-trac I and II are not "trail-rated". Also worth noting, I haven't seen one yet w/ the trail rated badge that didn't also have the off-road kit.

!c
You might want to look those facts over again. Quadra-trac II provides 4-lo and is trail-rated. The off-road kit does not make it trail-rated or not. That's just an option you can buy, or just buy the stuff seperately.

·
Registered
126 Posts

bravo2376 said:
You might want to look those facts over again. Quadra-trac II provides 4-lo and is trail-rated. The off-road kit does not make it trail-rated or not. That's just an option you can buy, or just buy the stuff seperately.
You are correct about Quadra-Trac II, however, every one equipped with quadra-trac II or quadra-drive II also comes with the off-road kit (skidplates, etc.) as I said. You can verify this on the "build your own" feature of the jeep website.

!c

·
Registered
556 Posts

commanderdrone said:
You are correct about Quadra-Trac II, however, every one equipped with quadra-trac II or quadra-drive II also comes with the off-road kit (skidplates, etc.) as I said. You can verify this on the "build your own" feature of the jeep website.

!c
That's still incorrect. I have a trac II and no off road kit. I know others with the same thing.

·
Administrator
16,135 Posts

bravo2376, you are correct. The off-road package is an option and is not included with anything else.

·
Registered
556 Posts

I havn't checked out the Jeep site lately, so not sure as to the options and buttons commanderdrone was picking. I just know what I got, and a couple others.

·
Registered
126 Posts

I'm not sure what you got on your jeep, esp. if it was an 06, but you'll note under the 'details' selection for quadra-trac II on the "build + price" section it says it includes the skid plate group, and you cannot select it separately. On quadra-drive II, it is listed as a separate option.

My statements remains the same though: _I_ have yet to see any quadra-drive II's on a lot that didn't have a skid-plate group - and I looked at nearly a hundred of them. I never said it was a requirement for the trail-rated badge, just that I didn't see any with out it.

But, to make it a simple answer, and this is verified on the jeep build-n-equip website: Quadra-Trac II or Quadra-Drive II will result in a trail-rated badge.

!c

·
Registered
240 Posts

commanderdrone said:

!c
I have the badges and dont have the offroad kit. I wish I did. I am planning on buying the skid plates and installing them myself. I installed the tow hooks this past weekend. A big pain. Jeep should put tow hooks and skid plates on everything!! And you should get free pie for a year if you buy one! lol

·
Registered
126 Posts

kfbagt said:
Jeep should put tow hooks and skid plates on everything!! And you should get free pie for a year if you buy one! lol
No kidding, I was shocked when I bought my '05 rubicon and found out it came with skid plates -- except, glaringly, one for the engine!

!c

·
Registered
101 Posts

My commander came with the quadra-trac II and no skid plates, no off road package but a trail rated badge. 2006 65th anniversary edition.

·
Registered
476 Posts

I built my Limited with Hemi and Qudra-Drive II in January 06. The off road groug was an option that I had to select if I wanted it - about a $250 option.

·
Registered
122 Posts

Trail Rated badge is on Quadra-Trac II and Quadra-Drive II 4wd systems. Quadra-Drive II is essentially the same as the Trac II, however it ads front and rear limited slip diffs.

Off-road package is an optional appearence/protection package, and has no impact on "Trail-rated".

1 - 20 of 86 Posts