Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't pay a lot of attention to stuff. I know that the Jeep designation for the commander is the XK. The international commander is designated as a XH However under the hood on the front of my engine compartment is XK/H. I don't know what the H is for. Does anyone know?

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Maybe it just means it's and XK, but the H model?

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Then again, you are here in the USA...

·
Premium Member
2,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I thought about that but its stamped right into the front crossmemeber on the top of the radiator.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
I'll check mine tonight if I get a chance.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Thats kinda strange. I would say maybe Hemi, but you have the 4.7. I have the same engine so i will check tonight.

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Possibly just for universality (new word? If so, give me credit), so that they wouldn't have to worry about different stamps (one for XK, other for XH). Dig?

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Thats way too easy of an answer. You need to get more creative, LOL!

·
Premium Member
2,337 Posts
Sometimes the simplest answer is the best. The part is used on bot the XH& XK, so that's how they stamped it. Probably most of the parts are stamped that way since they're interchangeable.

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
rwmorrisonjr said:
Sometimes the simplest answer is the best. The part is used on bot the XH& XK, so that's how they stamped it. Probably most of the parts are stamped that way since they're interchangeable.
This is my though on the subject as well

·
Premium Member
2,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thats a good point they probably use the same part for all jeeps around the world. Or maybe its so I know I can drive it to another country and it will still work properly LOL

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
I have seen that stamp, it is the same in my Commander (XH) as well.

I believe the stamp is to indicate the model of the body, which is exactly the same in XK and XH. the differences are only on some exterior and interior items.

·
Premium Member
2,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I hope they passed the saving on to me when I bought my XK/H.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts