Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I dont post as much as i would like but, i had to show you guys the picks of my commander in the badlands. there will be more pics where i figure out how to use photobucket better. enjoy.

Thanks
Mitchmad

Attachments

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
Thanks for posting, looks like you had a good time.

·
Premium Member
2,262 Posts
That looks like fun! Where exactly is that at again?

·
Registered
33 Posts
I live close to Badlands, but have never gone. Looks like fun. I don't know that I am brave enough to take my Commander. I am leasing it right now. I would take my YJ.

·
Registered
391 Posts
That looks fun! How did the Commander perform? Did you have any problem? Tnx

·
Registered
5,598 Posts
Badlands Off Road Park
3968 North Xavier Attica IN 47918
Phone: 765.762.2981 Fax: 765.762.0519
Toll Free Phone: 866.762.2981

Parts and accessories for all make and model trucks,
Jeeps, bikes, quads, motorcycles and snowmobiles.
Any and all your on and off road needs.
Call now (866) 762-2981. Service, repair and installation
available with low shop rates

Hours

Badlands Website

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have to say that i was very impressed with what the commander could do. There was one point where i was trying to make it back up a sand dune and and i made it about 3/4 of the way and then just started to chrun the sand. I think that i would have had no problem making it up if my jeep had 4x4 Low. Sucks not haveing 4low.

Initially i was scared to bring my new jeep but as long as i took it nice and slow when needed everything was great. There was alot of enthusiasm from other people asking how the commander was doing some saying that they were thinking about buying one.

As for the badLands i would say if you can make it do it im glad i did. And let me know if you go and ill try and meet you.

Pics,
1.)The first pic is the dune that i couldnt get out of.
2.) This is where i had to get out of the trial cause i couldnt get out buy the dune
3.)This is creek bed we were driving threw at a shallow point
4.)I took a picture of the jeep after i left the creek.
5.) A picture of my sister in her jeep (im following Her)

Later
Mitch

Attachments

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
sweet pics mitch. thanks for sharing. maybe you should switch your name to madmitch9.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Luckyax2
I now live in chicago but was in inidianapolis where my parents live for thanksgiving. Im also a purdue alumni. Wish i had a jeep when i was there cuase i would be there every weekend. We should try and meet put there some time it would be nice to be out there with another commander!

·
Registered
391 Posts
Luckyax2
I now live in chicago but was in inidianapolis where my parents live for thanksgiving. Im also a purdue alumni. Wish i had a jeep when i was there cuase i would be there every weekend. We should try and meet put there some time it would be nice to be out there with another commander!

Thanks for posting the very nice pics. Let us know when you are going again, maybe we will drive there from Michigan. Looks fun!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
CommanderDrako Where about in michigan are you at. I frequently go to three rivers. I always wondered if there was anywher to offroad up around there. No matter I would still like to go to the badlands.

Mitch

·
Registered
391 Posts
CommanderDrako Where about in michigan are you at. I frequently go to three rivers. I always wondered if there was anywher to offroad up around there. No matter I would still like to go to the badlands.

Mitch

I am from Shelby Township, Macomb County. I want to go offroading but I have nobody to go with. I have a stock XK with QDII, I am planning of modifying it but I think I will just buy a modified Cherokee just for offroading. There are several offroading sites here; The mounds (Mt. Morris), Drummond Island, Silver Lake, and I am sure there are a lot more.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Commanderdrako,
Id love to go offroading with you somewhere in mich or indiana. With your XK i would feel more confident knowing you would be there if i got stuck so i could take more chances. Sorry for that late response.

Mitch

1 - 18 of 18 Posts