Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are going to be in MOAB on Sunday-Tues and then in Breckenridge, co Wed-Sat. Anyone going to be out there? Any must dos?

·
Registered
862 Posts
I wish I could be there too. Then again, I'd be in Silverton Colorado RIGHT NOW, but that trip died for me for a number of reasons. :(

You gotta do the Baby Lion's Back at the very least. Fins and Things is fun, the upper half is more difficult, but my 2.25" lift was just fine with it.

If you have a full day, pack a lunch, then head out west on 279 (Just north of Moab) past the potash plant. That road goes forever along the river, then climbs out to Dead Horse Point state park. To say that run is scenic would be an understatement. While on 279 and alongside the river, (and still on pavement) check out the petroglyphs along the right side. As you climb up and away from the river past the plant, there's a large balanced rock. It's a must-stop place, and a ways past that are the BLUEST ponds you'll ever see.

Notice how tame my XK looks there. That was back in '09. (Stock wheels/tires, no winch, etc.)

·
Registered
953 Posts
1 - 3 of 3 Posts