Jeep Commander Forum banner

Moab - Poison Spider & Steel Bender Trails - Pics & Vids

10K views 61 replies 24 participants last post by  Phunkeydude 
#1 ·
Some crappy cell phone pictures he sent me. when he gets back he'll post up some good ones.

See less See more
#3 ·
If only he had had a Get Lost rear bumper...

#4 ·
looking forward to his pictures!

#6 ·
No, but I hear someone is making one... a damn fine one if I recall - supposed to be out soon!

#8 ·
Yeah, I think I can... lemme did it up here...

#10 ·
Wow a thread started for me...cool. lol
I had an awsome time today on the Poison Spider trail! My XK performed nicely thru every obstacle. No bypasses were used! The high clearance GetLost bumper was key in making a few of those obstacles. Have some good pics and video thanks to the wife jumping out to catch the moment. On a PDA phone right now so you'll have to waite till Monday for pics.
Doing Steel bender trail Saturday.

#12 ·
that's a great looking front bumper. is that a pink jeep in the background in that 2nd pic?

#13 ·
Hope Phunkey is having fun today, and hopefully the trail does not prove its name!

#14 ·
Hey everyone, just returned home late this evening. Had a blast in Moab this weekend. I did the Poison Spider trail on Friday and Steel Bender trail on Saturday. My Xk did great. I did not pass up on any obstacles...even the ones that the trail guides said I need lockers. The QDII proved itself to be truly trail ready and I left several Wrangler owners speachless and had others cheering on the "school bus" as it scaled the obstacles. My only injury was to the corner of the rear bumper. It was squished in when I popped the front up for some air in the "Wedgie" obstacle found on the Poison Spider trail. No big deal.

The GetLost bumper and skid plate did great in providing a lot of needed clearance in the front. The skid plate also provides ample air flow for the radiator as it opperated under normal temp ranges. The bumper and skid plate received no scratches on the entire trip.

Ok, so I know what you want...photos. I have to sort the photos and also download the video off the camcorder to the computer bit I wont leave you hanging too long.
So for now a teaser shot from the Steel Bender Trail as I get a little air climbing up a wall...

#15 ·
Nice picture. If you had a Get Lost rear bumper you would not have made a dent in it probably. Were you chasing a pink jeep over that hill?

#35 ·
Nice picture. If you had a Get Lost rear bumper you would not have made a dent in it probably. Were you chasing a pink jeep over that hill?
Funny thing...I never saw one pink Jeep on these trails! However, this weekend makes broken arrow trail look like childs play. Can't wait to get back out there with you and the others to finish that little trail. :D

#16 ·
WOW!!! Thats very Awesome!...........and whats this "school bus" business....school bus?......i was thinking more like ........"tank" !!!

#37 ·
WOW!!! Thats very Awesome!...........and whats this "school bus" business....school bus?......i was thinking more like ........"tank" !!!

School bus...everyone was joking around about my XK being as long as a school bus and how there was no way to get the school bus thru obstacles. But by the end of the weekend, no one questioned wether or not the "school bus" had what it takes to do Moab.

"Lockers?...we no need no stinking lockers!
Where the other Jeeps had to engage lockers, I just put it in 4-low and drove on over!

#19 ·
That's an awesome pic!!!

#27 ·
Poison Spider Trail - The "Wedgie" - Video from above does not do it justice.

You will hear my daughter say..."you could do it daddy!"

When I catch the rear bumper some woman keeps shouting he got is first scratch...little does she know. LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEbwykg3aNM

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.