Jeep Commander Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Jus wanted to pass along that 'Advance Auto Parts' is having a special on any Mobil 1 Synthetic Oil ( 5 Quarts and an Mobil 1 Extended Performance Oil Filter ) for $29. :)

I just got mine and bought 2 additional quarts since mine is a 5.7L.

I'm dropping my Commander tomorrow at the dealer for the oil change, since they do my oil changes for free for the next 3 years.

·
Premium Member
2,337 Posts
Cool, how long's the special for? My XK just hit 30k & I'm going to do most of the service myself.

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
Why did you buy the oil if the dealership will do it for free?

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
CrzCajun said:
Thank you for asking that, I was thinking the same thing.:confused:

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
I would assume its a $60+ dollar charge if you use the words synthetic only please.

·
Premium Member
2,337 Posts
AKFossil said:
I would assume its a $60+ dollar charge if you use the words synthetic only please.
Exactly. Free= dino oil and Mopar filter. I used to do the same thing with other vehicles, but only if I could watch them do the oil change so that my oil didn't go into the tech's car instead of mine.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
CrzCajun said:

Synthetic oil is an extra charge at the dealer, they said it was $10 a quart extra if I wanted synthetic. So they recommended me bringing in my own synthetic since it would be cheaper.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
rwmorrisonjr said:
Cool, how long's the special for? My XK just hit 30k & I'm going to do most of the service myself.

According to the cashier, the special is good until the end of the month.

I paid $43 for 7 quarts of Mobil 1 and an Mobil 1 Ext. Oil filter.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Thanks for the tip on the Mobil 1 oil sale! I just had my first oil change a couple of weeks ago and brought Mobil 1 + filter to my brother's dealership (I'm on leave). I'm driving from NOVA to Kansas and back starting next week. I better get ready for another oil change.

Slainte'
O'C

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
IrishmanO'C said:
Thanks for the tip on the Mobil 1 oil sale! I just had my first oil change a couple of weeks ago and brought Mobil 1 + filter to my brother's dealership (I'm on leave). I'm driving from NOVA to Kansas and back starting next week. I better get ready for another oil change.

Slainte'
O'C
When you say NOVA are you talking about Northern Virginia?

·
Registered
178 Posts
CrzCajun said:
When you say NOVA are you talking about Northern Virginia?
Yes, Cajun...I'm on 55days of block leave in McLean, VA since I've redeployed from Iraq. Unfortunately, I won't be around for your guys' camping trip in September.

O'C

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
IrishmanO'C said:
Yes, Cajun...I'm on 55days of block leave in McLean, VA since I've redeployed from Iraq. Unfortunately, I won't be around for your guys' camping trip in September.

O'C
Sent you a PM. Don't want to hijack the thread. Back to the topic.

·
Premium Member
2,337 Posts
I checked with Advance yesterday. Apparently their definition of "end of the month" doesn't include the last two days of the month, the special ended 6/28.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.