Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was running the Rough Country lift and 265/70/17s BFG at's but just was not content with the outcome! The rake was still ever present and causing me not to be very happy w my XK! So after months of reading on multiple make forums and a few trial and error attempts, i have found what i like and looks awesome.
Below is the list of mods and pictures will follow tomorrow (Ice Storm in Memphis right now). Please let me know what you think and thanks for your feedback ahead of time!

Rough Country Lift Front and Rear
JBA Upper Control Arms
265/70/17 BFG AT
Pinch Weld Mod
F150 Monroe Load Levelers in rear
Bilstien 5100 up front (non Adjustable)
Going to add either 255/75/17 or 265/75/17 MT when funds allow not sure if I want to go up 1/2" or an 1"
*** Floating Clevis Lift** picked up this mod from the Jeep Liberty Forum
basically this is lifting the front end by mounting the front strut higher up in the Clevis. The strut has a tab on it that I drilled through so the bolt can slide through and this will help hold the strut in place and not let it slip down. The angles all seem good but like most mods time will tell!

·
Registered
139 Posts
They make an actual clevis lift(extended clevis): is there an issue with using one of those?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I used one of those and it actually sat lower than the Rough Country lift even though it stated that it was a taller lift! Then I tried to do the front w both and it was too much forcing the CV angle to be awful and and compressing the springs a great deal! I had a feeling that something would break due to not having drop brackets etc. So this was the outcome that I am very pleased with. 4 attempts at getting it how I like and mission accomplished!

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
I'm not aware of any "non adjustable" bilstein 5100 struts. Maybe the 4600hds?

Thanks for sharing. I'd love some pics of the floating clevis lift, I think that I can imagine it, but can always use more clarification.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well that may explain a lot as far as the strut itself goes! I believe I may have been sent the wrong strut! Wrong strut right box I guess! I just thought the perch was in a different location or something. But too late now, they are on and I "right height adjusted" them myself. I will post pics as soon as my XK thaws out, we have a major ice storm and the underside looks like the arctic!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts