Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I've owned my Commander for a week now and was hoping to get started on some cosmetic/performance mods, but after the inclement weather we've been getting up here in Maine combined with the fact that my Jeep is black, I think my first purchase may be one of functionality. I've had molded mud flaps on my previous 2500hd and 2010 Camaro, so that is what I'm leaning towards opposed to the rubber alternative. I won't be doing any major off-roading, so clearance isn't really an issue. I'm having a hard time coming across any pictures of the molded flaps on a commander and was hoping someone out there could help me out. I'd like to see how they look from the back and also at an angle. If anyone could help me out, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thank you

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys. That gives me a much better idea. I hate to be picky, but does anyone out there with a black XK have any pics with molded mud flaps?

Thanks again

·
Banned
1,406 Posts
Mine's not black, but you get the idea. Even with the spacers, they keep a lot of the dirt off of the sides. :eek:rangehat:

[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

·
Banned
1,406 Posts
This is the first modification I did. I have had them filled with mud, sand, stones and right now they are filled with salt/slush/frozen snow. They have been on for four years and I have never has an issue with them. I wanted the molded running boards like Sal has, but I think I'd have to take the front ones off. I may go with the black tubular ones - it's all my Mother-in-Law can do to get up into the Jeep. :eek:rangehat:

·
Registered
145 Posts
I know that when I had my Durango and looked into the molded running board there was a different molded mud flap that you could get. I think that it had a pocket in it to allow for the step. Check at a dealer.

·
Premium Member
691 Posts
You say your commander is black. Here they are on black.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Those molded splash guards look great! I'd like to order a set, but anywhere I've found them says the rears will not fit a Commander with a Hemi. Really? Why not? Where did you guys buy yours for your Hemis?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts