Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok. So I ordered $600 worth of new front end parts......all Moog, and find out that EVERYONE is out of stock on JUST the left LCA. I'm as OCD as they come and am going to return the right side LCA when it comes in. Any recommendations on an alternate brand that is good quality? Mopar is out of the question....they are THREE TIMES the price of just about anyone else.
Thanks

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
Just buy the ball joints and bushings and rent a press for free from autozone, if your as OCD as I am you'll want everything to match...

Otherwise, ACDelco, Raybestos or mevotech I guess.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just buy the ball joints and bushings and rent a press for free from autozone, if your as OCD as I am you'll want everything to match...

Otherwise, ACDelco, Raybestos or mevotech I guess.
Exactly, lol. OCD isn't the word, haha. I'm not doing it myself, so I'm thinking a whole new arm will be about the same price or less than the labor they would charge me to do all the pressing, etc of the bushings and ball joints. I'll just prob go w AC Delco or Mevotech. From what I'm reading here, the lower control arms arent as prone to damage like the uppers are (I suppose due to the lifts).

·
Registered
147 Posts
where are you ordering from? I use Rock Auto and they have always had stuff in stock.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
where are you ordering from? I use Rock Auto and they have always had stuff in stock.
I ordered from Rock Auto, but when I placed the order the website didn't reflect that they were out of that part. MOOG is actually out of stock and it's causing a shortage everywhere. (So says MOOG rep)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts