Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 06, limited with the Heavy metal lift and I noticed shortly after adding the lift and a few trail adventures that the sway bar clunk started to progress so I replaced the bushings with Moog. Now in under 6000 miles and the a couple more less extreme outings and the noise is coming back already. Am I better off with the oem bushings or am I possibly hearing the end links? same sound? I have torqued them down a couple times over this period. The sound is VERY annoying on a gravel/ dirt road, especially when on a ride with others for several hours. I cut my last ride short due to the sound getting to me. I may be way off, I haven't disconnected the end links and driven around yet because it the same exact sound. I've heard something about steering box issues. I have a warranty but I hope it isn't that.

·
Registered
554 Posts
I'd grab the links or sway bar and try to tug and see how much if any play is there. You could tug and pull and it feel tight but still make the sounds you hear. Since you already replaced the bushings, i'll bet they're still good, i'd go ahead and install new links. Its cheap and easy. Aftermarket oem are a lot cheaper than the dealer.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts