Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
480 Posts
I haven't heard anything bad about the quality, but most people go with Steel Armadillo or 4XGuard because they have a much better design. The Mopar sliders hurt ground clearance pretty badly.

You could also look into these rock rails. I've seen them on the WK forums and they're pretty good quality. You may need to make some modifications to get them to fit though, since they aren't designed for a Commander.

·
Super Moderator
5,779 Posts
I haven't heard anything bad about the quality, but most people go with Steel Armadillo or 4XGuard because they have a much better design. The Mopar sliders hurt ground clearance pretty badly.

You could also look into these rock rails. I've seen them on the WK forums and they're pretty good quality. You may need to make some modifications to get them to fit though, since they aren't designed for a Commander.
A couple of years ago I was going to buy a set of the Steel Armadillo Rock sliders - but they were out of stock at the time.

I've since replaced the Factory plastic door sills/rock sliders with new ones from Chrysler, so, I'm kind of torn now.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Do you guys know at what measurements the mounting brackets are? A guy is pretty much giving me his JK sliders for free but I don't want to take them if it's not close. He gave me this: Total length is 77 inches, mounts are at 10.5, 34.5, and 64.5 inches.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Do you guys know at what measurements the mounting brackets are? A guy is pretty much giving me his JK sliders for free but I don't want to take them if it's not close. He gave me this: Total length is 77 inches, mounts are at 10.5, 34.5, and 64.5 inches.

what are they mounting to? the underbody similar to the ones linked by @consumedbywater? I can measure my SAs and see what the overall length are...

·
Registered
351 Posts

the slider design is very similar to Steel Armadillos. The mounting is way different although it looks a bit easier. I wonder how well the self tapping bolts hold up?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts