Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i called my local dealer inquiring on the Mopar cat back system for my 4.7...1. its only available for the 5.7 (props to the parts guy he actually double checked to make sure it would fit the 4.7 ...which it would)

but i was mainly inquiring to see what kinda price range im looking at for exhaust...through my shop i can get the MBRP stainless system for 450 canadian...

the mopar cat back was $1,159 canadian !!!!!!

what is with this pricing on mopar parts??? my gm performance parts arent this bad

·
Registered
87 Posts
so i called my local dealer inquiring on the Mopar cat back system for my 4.7...1. its only available for the 5.7 (props to the parts guy he actually double checked to make sure it would fit the 4.7 ...which it would)

but i was mainly inquiring to see what kinda price range im looking at for exhaust...through my shop i can get the MBRP stainless system for 450 canadian...

the mopar cat back was $1,159 canadian !!!!!!

what is with this pricing on mopar parts??? my gm performance parts arent this bad
Mopar stuff is relabeled and the price is doubled to make a profit. Intake is the same as AEM, Cat back is probably Magnaflow or Gibson, with the MOPAR Logo on it.

Just get the Aftermarket, or if you are concerned with the warranty Nazi's get the Mopar. An exhaust can't void your warranty on electronics, drivetrain..etc.

·
Registered
5 Posts
mopar stuff is relabeled and the price is doubled to make a profit. Intake is the same as aem, cat back is probably magnaflow or gibson, with the mopar logo on it.

Just get the aftermarket, or if you are concerned with the warranty nazi's get the mopar. An exhaust can't void your warranty on electronics, drivetrain..etc.
I called my dealership today and they said that the Mopar Exhaust system is made by Borla. I also called Borla and they said the same thing.

I read some where that the Mopar exhaust does not come with a warranty. So I would just buy straight from Borla which comes with a warranty.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts