Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Banned
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To those of you that have mounted off road lights on the top of the hoop, are you experiencing any "rust" issues where you drilled the mounting holes through the top of the hoop? The reason I ask this is that there is a thread concerning rust issues with the 4Guard grill guard. I realize these are not the same manufacturer. I just made it through the first winter with my Mopar Grill Guard and there is not a mark on it. Let's give the powdercoaters a hand! I want to add lights, and the rectangular Mopar lights mount under the hoop, but I like the looks of round lights that some of you have mounted on the top. I would think that the hole for the stock mounting position was drilled before the coating process. I don't want to cause myself problems, so any opinions would be greatly appreciated. Also, how did you drill the hole straight to line up with the existing hole on the bottom of the hoop? Then, I'm guessing you used a longer mounting bolt with a nut on the bottom of the hoop. Also, recommendations for a light would be appreciated. Thank you. :icon_cheers:

On another note, after I installed the black Mopar Grill Guard on my silver Jeep, it looked unfinished. It needed something! So, I removed the chrome grill and installed a black grill, for a "reverse" StarTech look! There was a thread a while ago, asking for opinions on blacking out the hood. I don't think I will go that far. :eyemouth:

1 - 1 of 1 Posts