Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
I wonder if lowering the Commander just 3/4" in the front and 1.5" in the back will help with economy?

·
Registered
366 Posts
mine just arrived yesterday, i am going to install them over the weekend. i'm excited :)

·
Registered
164 Posts
I know this thread is really old.. but what is the difficuly level on installing these, and if too difficult what is the cost of this to have done????

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I think the price is going to vary greatly by location. In the past when I've had my tire shop install lowering springs, it's been $100. People in CA pay $350 for the same thing. So, I think it depends on location. I didn't install them on the Commander so I can't say what I'd pay for this vehicle.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Sciron4x4,

What types of basic tools are you talking about? I am interested in lowering my COMM in my garage.. is that possible? I've never played underneath my unit before so kinda scared to start taking things apart especially when I hear that taking the springs out incorrectly can cause bodily harm...ouch

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
I believe they all come with standard sway bars. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'd assume that the V8's are a little thicker than the V6's, to correct for the extra weight. Mopar's would be even thicker.

HemiGRN: A socket set and a set of spring compressors (can rent this at your local Advance if you don't have a set) and a good floor jack is all you need to install these. Real simple.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I think I would like to lower mine. It seems like everyone likes to lift their Commanders but I think it would look more sporty lowered. I wish I there were some pics of lowered Commanders on here.

·
Registered
366 Posts
The rears were very easy to install, but the front took some patience and time. A friend of mine did it for me, and charged me 120.00. I'm 6ft 2, and used to hit my head on the rear gate everytime i opened it.

·
Registered
27 Posts
There is the Eibach p/n 2839540 thats for the wk grand cheroke 05-up for both 2wd and 4wd, and lowe aprox 1.2 inch front and rear i think they can fit the xk.... what u guys think?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts