Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Taking a full car on a trip to Muscat, Oman next month and there's no room for luggage so it'll have to go on the roof

The Mopar luggage carrier looks like a soft of sack that attaches to the roof to hold suitcases etc without the need for a roofrack.

part no K6858799 (?)

does anyone have one? any good? how much are they?

may be a bit lightweight - anything else better for rooftop luggage?

Thx Jeepflares, Abu Dhabi

·
Registered
5,598 Posts
I bought one at autozone for about $50. I have used it several times.

straps onto the cross bars and is secure. I have driven thru rain and wind and brush from our trip to flagpole mountain.

·
Super Moderator
15,094 Posts
I bought one at autozone for about $50. I have used it several times.

straps onto the cross bars and is secure. I have driven thru rain and wind and brush from our trip to flagpole mountain.
I don't think they have Autozone in the United Arab Emirates.

·
Super Moderator
15,094 Posts
maybe, but they have web sites, web access, and postal service....and UPS....and ebay!
I wasn't thinking -- obviously.:spineyes:

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thx for responses - any chance of a link to Autozone or any sales site with these

I do not really trust the local Jeep/Mopar dealer to a) be interested in getting the product, b) not rip me off if they do

·
Registered
401 Posts
I purchased a Thule roof bag off Amazon.com. It took a few weeks to get here, but other than that no problems. The soft bags are significantly cheaper than the hard cases or baskets. I guess the tradeoff is less security, but on my six hour drive to North Carolina through the rain it did just fine and everything stayed dry. Seems like it's very good quality, and it stayed very secure in place.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks for the links Uber

which one did you get haggs?

did you need cross bars too or did the straps just clip through the holes on the existing roof bars?

think the Thule 857 caravan is the one for me

1 - 10 of 10 Posts