Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought them in October but couldn't get around to install them. My brother mounted them for me last weekend as it was quite warm. Turns out the previous owner had them on and removed them for some reason so all the mounting hardware was there.

Much better than without. Keeps a lot of road crap from hitting the body. Anyone that doesn't have them should get a set.

·
Premium Member
100 Posts
Are these the factory mud flaps that supposedly won't fit a Hemi powered vehicle Flex? Those are nice looking flaps I wouldn't mind having a set of these.

Mark

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, I have a hemi powered limited with the fat fender flares and they fit the body lines like a glove bud. They are the factory pieces that say Jeep on the rears.

·
Premium Member
100 Posts
Well, I have a hemi powered limited with the fat fender flares and they fit the body lines like a glove bud. They are the factory pieces that say Jeep on the rears.

What type exhaust system are you running Flex ? This is where your supposed to run into trouble running these flaps if you have the factory system if you have a hemi.

Mark

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It currently has the stock exhaust. The exhaust doesn't come anywhere near the flaps. Can't even see how it could.

·
Premium Member
100 Posts
And you still have the resonator at the tail end flex? That's were the problem lays the resonator supposedly melts the flap.

Mark

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes, still do have it on there. I will take a look when my brother gets back with it and see how close it comes.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I looked at it today. It is about 1 inch away. The resonator didn't seem hot enough to do any harm.

·
Premium Member
100 Posts
I think maybe I'll have to locate some of these flaps, thanks Flex.

Mark

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I would bro. They help keep a lot of crap off the body amd my wheels are outboard an inch more than stock. The system may get hotter in the summer but I will keep an eye on it.

·
Premium Member
100 Posts
Where did you buy your flaps Flex.

Mark

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I bought them from parts village chrysler in Ontario. They were $65 a pair CAD, or about $50 US.

·
Premium Member
100 Posts
Thanks Flex I'm trying to remember where I saw them 4 sale, I'll have to check Ebay out.

Mark

1 - 14 of 14 Posts