Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just ordered my MOPAR performance intake/exhaust for my xk to "try and increase the fuel economy" - that's what i told my wife anyway. I'll let you know how it turns out.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,797 Posts
Cool! include pics!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
269 Posts
Congratulations on your purchase! Where did you ordered your Mopar performance intake / exhaust?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
XKTX said:
Congratulations on your purchase! Where did you ordered your Mopar performance intake / exhaust?
Got the exhaust from dealer BECAUSE it ended up being cheaper than buying it at a discount price online and having to pay for shipping to Hawaii. Purchased the Intake from a Dealer on the mainland (Not sure where) but was only 240$.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
160 Posts
blinkgold311 said:
Just ordered my MOPAR performance intake/exhaust for my xk to "try and increase the fuel economy" - that's what i told my wife anyway. I'll let you know how it turns out.
Can you post a link to the part(s) you ordered? I can only find exhaust for the 5.7 on mopar's website.
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
14,914 Posts
djmaro76 said:
Can you post a link to the part(s) you ordered? I can only find exhaust for the 5.7 on mopar's website.
That's because they only have one for the 5.7, which is the engine that blinkgold311 has. There are other companies that have the exhaust for the 4.7.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
OK. Installed the exhaust last night. It was a grueling 2 hour battle that tested my wits and strength, but it's done. A big problem I had was not having a tall enough jack. The one I have couldn't even get the rear tire off of the ground so the suspension was not fully out. A reciprocating saw took care of the problem of trying to "weave" out the old exhaust. The MOPAR Performance exhaust is not only about 100 lbs lighter than the factory, but sounds about a million times better. Nothing better than a HEMI with an exhaust.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,337 Posts
jeep5253 said:
That's because they only have one for the 5.7, which is the engine that blinkgold311 has. There are other companies that have the exhaust for the 4.7.
Because no one would ever want to mod the 4.7 according to Chrysler!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Alrighty, all finished and I must say, if you have the extra money, this is an investment you NEED to make! Sounds AWESOME and I am getting better gas mileage! I did the computer reset thingy to reset the history and driving conditions. Overall about 2 mpg better, so im up to 15!!! I'm GREEN! (kinda) Here are some pics of the final product.
Exhaust: http://s293.photobucket.com/albums/mm59/blinkgold311/?action=view&current=DSC00508.jpg
Intake: http://s293.photobucket.com/albums/mm59/blinkgold311/?action=view&current=DSC00506.jpg
All in all, the intake was actually a lot more complicated than i thought it was going to be, but it's done now and well worth it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,797 Posts
Sweet!:cool:

I like the look of the CAI.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
208 Posts
blinkgold311 said:
Alrighty, all finished and I must say, if you have the extra money, this is an investment you NEED to make! Sounds AWESOME and I am getting better gas mileage! I did the computer reset thingy to reset the history and driving conditions. Overall about 2 mpg better, so im up to 15!!! I'm GREEN! (kinda) Here are some pics of the final product.
Exhaust: http://s293.photobucket.com/albums/mm59/blinkgold311/?action=view&current=DSC00508.jpg
Intake: http://s293.photobucket.com/albums/mm59/blinkgold311/?action=view&current=DSC00506.jpg
All in all, the intake was actually a lot more complicated than i thought it was going to be, but it's done now and well worth it.
Nice work! I need to look into this for myself, especially since you sound so fired up about it. heh....
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Top