Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone with experience with this? I am mainly looking for details about how long/involved the installation process was and if you like it.

·
Super Moderator
14,914 Posts
I have the Mopar remote sart. I didn't do the install the dealers did. But I can tell you I like it. It comes in handy to warm the car up in winter and also there is the it's just plain cool factor. It's fun to f*** with people when they are walking by the vehicle and it starts with nobody in it.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have the Mopar remote sart. I didn't do the install the dealers did. But I can tel you I like it. It comes in handy to warm the car up in winter and also there is the it's just plain cool factor. It's fun to f*** with people when they are walking by the vehicle and it starts with nobody in it.
Haha, I hear ya!

How much did the dealer charge? Did you purchase it from them too or purchase it separately and take it to a dealer for installation?

I am thinking I'd try to tackle it myself, since the kit costs a couple hundred bucks for just all the electronics/hardware. It seems like since it is Mopar, it should be mostly plug and play, unlike an aftermarket remote starter.

How's the range?

·
Super Moderator
14,914 Posts
Actually, I don't know how much they charged because it was part of my purchase deal. I asked them to throw in the remote start and they did. Not sure how far away it will operate because I haven't really tried it from a long distance. It has always worked when I used it.

·
Registered
25 Posts
My dealer quoted me around $500 for the kit and to have it installed..... i passed, thats half a locker....

·
Premium Member
2,337 Posts
You also have to have the computer tuned for the remote start, hence the dealer trip.

·
Super Moderator
14,914 Posts

·
Super Moderator
14,914 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts