Jeep Commander Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone actually gotten a set of rock rails for the commander, yet? I keep hearing about delays.

·
Registered
96 Posts
According to Mopar, they are on a nat'l back-order. Same thing with the tail-lamp guards.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, i hear the manufacturer can't make em. I heard maybe end of march??

I want both.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Your rock rails should begin shipping soon, I heard they will be released by DCX within the next week.

·
Registered
160 Posts
What exactly do the rock rail do? Do you think they are a better accessory then the running boards? I order the mopar chrome running boards about a month ago. I guess they must be back ordered as well. Maximo

·
Registered
114 Posts
Could someone write a little about what rock rails do? With the soft-roading I do in Northern Michigan I don't think I need them. Are there drawbacks, for instance, is the weight significant enough to decrease mileage, etc?
Thanks,

Commo
Dearborn, MI

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
They are strickly for protection of the side. if you don't wheel, then you do not need them. They are literally for the rocks, if not you may drop the middle of the truck onto an obstacle. The running boards are more cosmetic and aid in getting in and out of the truck. they are actually oposites in their use. the rock rails can't be used as a step. The running boards hurt clearance offroad.

Any word on the rear tail lights that were also on backorder?

I'll let you all know when i can get my rock rails.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Thanks for the info -- looks like I don't need the rock rails for now...but I do want those rear light protectors, so if someone finds they're available please post!

Commo
Dearborn, MI

·
Registered
128 Posts
Commo said:
Thanks for the info -- looks like I don't need the rock rails for now...but I do want those rear light protectors, so if someone finds they're available please post!

Commo
Dearborn, MI
yeah i want some too!!:)

·
Registered
200 Posts
On the Mopar site, that looks like part of a package (the "off road" package). Can we presume that everything in that package is available seperately?

·
Registered
107 Posts
I think anything that comes as a package deal can be purchased seperately. That being said you might prove me wrong with a phone call to the dealer to find out what is available. I would like to get the rock rails but it seems that they will not be ready before 2030! :eek:

Bob

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
the "package" you refer to is actually a dealer add on, not a factory one. I already got EVERYTHING from the factory, sans the engine block heater. The add ons I am still after are the rock rails and the rear light grills. I will call the dealer and get an update as to the 2030 date??!!

If anyone else hears, let me know. I want them something bad.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Oh yeah, just to verify...you can definitely order the package parts separately. You can even get just one of the skids, if you prefer. The difference is all in pricing and where they are installed.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Woooohoooo, the Rock Rails are IN!!!!

Getting them installed on Monday, pics to follow.

The rear light guards are no longer on sale. The vendor failed qualification. Jeep may offer them later.

·
Registered
396 Posts
I had the rock rails on back order for about 2 months until I gave up and got my money back. Hopefully the aftermarket will develop something cheaper too. The Mopar set seemed pricey, but I forget the exact price.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Jangy,

Are they on??

Can't wait to see how they mount up and look.

Let us know or show when you get them done.

Thanks,

Bob

·
Registered
396 Posts
The Jeep Dealer Commander accessories brochure has some pics of the Rock Rails. Looking forward to hearing from Jangy.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.