Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a Black Commander Saturday so I am curious about the Mopar Rock Rails. There aren't many pictures of them and I don't know how easy they are to install. Does anyone have these with pictures or a just some advice or comments on them? Thanks

·
Registered
79 Posts
I hope that someone comes out with a rock rail that does away with the cheesy plastic rocker panels and integrates in their place like the oem molded step rails.

It would be nice if this was strong enough to serve as a rock rail.

I think with the current design of the plastic rocker panel any rock rail system added just doesn't have the clean lines I would desire or the ground clearance.
-mike

·
Registered
527 Posts
RUT ROW said:
I hope that someone comes out with a rock rail that does away with the cheesy plastic rocker panels and integrates in their place like the oem molded step rails.

It would be nice if this was strong enough to serve as a rock rail.

I think with the current design of the plastic rocker panel any rock rail system added just doesn't have the clean lines I would desire or the ground clearance.
-mike
I agree.... Has anyone removed the plastic rocker panel? I was thinking if I cant find an integrated step/rail, that I would remove the plastic, and coat whatever is under there in bedliner material.

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
RUT ROW said:
AEV is reportedly going to have exactly this available after SEMA (which is the last week of this month).

·
Registered
79 Posts
I agree.... Has anyone removed the plastic rocker panel? I was thinking if I cant find an integrated step/rail, that I would remove the plastic, and coat whatever is under there in bedliner material.
I don't think you'll be pleased with what you find. If I remember correctly there is a lot of exposed metal seams coming together under there. You may not be pleased with the results.

Now I sprayed the inside of my Rubicon... best mod ever did. Power washed it in/out.:eek:

-mike

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts