Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are your guy's thoughts between the two mats? Any advantages from one over the other? I'll be looking to pick up the 1st and 2nd row mats along with the cargo tray in the back. At some point I may but in the 3rd row mat but plan on running with the 3rd row seat in the down position probably 95% of the time.

The molded version of the Mopar cargo tray is the one I'm looking at. It looks like it has the ability to stay in place when the 3rd row seats are in the upright position.

Any info that you guys can provide would be great!

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
Weather Tech FTW!

·
Registered
282 Posts
ive got the weathertech cargo mat and it fits great. got my dad the weathertech digital fit mats for his maxima and they also fit great. im happy with the weathertech quality, cant vouch for the mopar.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I have mopar slush mats in mine and I am not all that pleased. My wife has weathertech type of mat and they work great. The mopar mats don’t do a great job keeping water contained.
I'll second this opinion. We've got the Mopar mats, and they didn't do a good job of containing the water and salt this past winter, so my plan is to procure some Weathertechs by next winter.

·
Registered
282 Posts
I have the Weathertech for all 3 rows and the cargo mat - I like them a lot.

I had the Mopar cargo mat and the coverage was not as good as the Weathertech

·
Premium Member
207 Posts
Well, after posting, I went on mopar's site to find my mats, and the ones they show now look nothing like the ones I got over a year ago...

I bought them from the local Dodge/Chrysler/Jeep dealership, I just assumed they were Mopar, but maybe they aren't.

/shrug

The ones I have, I think are Mopar, look nothing like the ones they show on the website now, have the word "Jeep" worked into them, and they look/work great. I must have some mysterious rogue set of mats.

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
I have the Mopar (purchased from a member) and they work fine for Arizona, not a lot of water & mud here.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the info guys. I'm not sure which way I'll go yet. Might do the Weathertechs for the floor mats and then do the Mopar molded cargo liner in the rear. I really like the idea of being able to put the 3rd row seat up and down without having to remove the cargo liner.

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
Thanks for the info guys. I'm not sure which way I'll go yet. Might do the Weathertechs for the floor mats and then do the Mopar molded cargo liner in the rear. I really like the idea of being able to put the 3rd row seat up and down without having to remove the cargo liner.
I'm running the exact setup that you are going to run. I love the weathertech floor liners. The cover a lot of the carpeted area and contain the water, snow and mud very well. You will not regret getting the weathertech floor liners.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
CrzCajun - you said you are running the mopar molded cargo liner in the back? If so, what are your thoughts?

I think I'm pretty set on the Weathertechs up front after doing a bit more poking around online.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Gotta do the Weathertech. I listened to my wife and went with the mopar, snow, salt, sand got everywhere. The weathertech ride up the interior much further than the mopar mats, and they keep the carpet much cleaner.

I wasted my money on the mopar mats.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Can anyone tell me where to purchase the Weather Tech mats? I've been reading threads, and it sounds like these are the mats I want to put into my Commander.

·
Premium Member
191 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts