Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anybody do this swap? I've got an '06 and really like the idea of having a handle shifter, somewhat like I used to have on my 97 Grand Cherokee. I don't see anybody here that's posted it, so I thought I'd ask.

Also thinking about Di-Noc wood grain vinyl wraping some of the blah interior. If anybody's done this then some pictures might benefit the rest of us.

·
Registered
809 Posts
I have been thinking about the T handle as well, but haven't done it yet. Post some pics if you beat me to it!

As for the vinyl, I have tried that. Horrible. Liken it to a tuxedo t-shirt or fake gold teeth. I sent my kit back. If you want the wood grain you should look on eBay for the bezels. Not cheap, but you get what you pay for.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Will do. I've got a friend that has a Challenger and when he bought it, had the dealer put in the shifter as part of the sale... and of course they did. I liked the look a lot. I saw him last week and he told me he sold the Challenger! "wish you would have told me f*** stick! I would have snagged that shifter before you would have said it was OK." I believe were the words out of my mouth. now it looks like I'll have to pay for it.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Does your original shift knob have the chrome rivetted top on it or the smooth chrome? I'd be interested in buying it. My 08 commander has the smooth one and I like the looks of the other better. LMK

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Gorm, I have the riveted looking top. I'd be entirely willing to sell you mine if this thing fits. I'm getting inclined to go to a dodge dealer and ask them if they've got a T-handle in stock.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts