Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Banned
3,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A freaking awesome afternoon with the wife and kids up in the mountains about 30 minutes out of town.

:D :D

man, i must say i love my commander. it goes anywhere, well, almost. the winch will drag it over the rest.:D i need a lift and tires, i drag the frame over everything.

·
Banned
3,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
my wife drove out i drove in. she hasn't done much 4 wheeling at the steering wheel. she really liked it. i had to force to do it.

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
Thanks for sharing

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
nice pics, looks like they should be in a commander magazine........

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
Beautiful scenery. Nice pics.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Awsome pictures!

The thing I don't understand is how do you guys get photographers to follow you around when your wheeling? How much does a crew cost? Should I google it?

I mean my wife would never let me hear the end of it if I parked my xk in a rugged pose and then hiked 2 miles up an embankment and them hung off a cliff just to get the perfect shot to post on a xk message board. Nah..we don't do that do we?

btw I have some cool shots of my xk inside an erupting volcano that I took hanging by ropes and pulleys from a helicopter. I have to tell ya hanging out of a helicopter and flying it at the same time is a b#itch. I need a crew. I will post pics later...

·
Banned
3,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i will. i can't paint until i get my tube bender and build the grill guard.

the bender will be here friday. so by next weekend i should be finished with the bumper and ready to go into production.

i took some measurements and designed the grill guard part in a tube bending software. i'm glad i took all the math i did in college. i've used tons of trig for the angles in everything.

rubicontrail.net said:
Are you going to paint the bumper to match when you finish it?

Nice pics by the way... looks like I am going to have to make a trip to Wyoming sometime.

·
Banned
3,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
its all about the zoon. our camera has 10X optical zoom, plus some digital zoom. you don't need the photo crew anymore.;) :D

JeepRig said:
Awsome pictures!

The thing I don't understand is how do you guys get photographers to follow you around when your wheeling? How much does a crew cost? Should I google it?

I mean my wife would never let me hear the end of it if I parked my xk in a rugged pose and then hiked 2 miles up an embankment and them hung off a cliff just to get the perfect shot to post on a xk message board. Nah..we don't do that do we?

btw I have some cool shots of my xk inside an erupting volcano that I took hanging by ropes and pulleys from a helicopter. I have to tell ya hanging out of a helicopter and flying it at the same time is a b#itch. I need a crew. I will post pics later...

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
rubicontrail.net said:
Are you going to paint the bumper to match when you finish it?
Be neat if we can powder coat it the color of our Commanders.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts