Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On Friday night three cars left Moscow, ahead of the road was 180 miles, we had to get to the Church of the Intercession on the Nerl in an open field at the joining of two rivers.
We rode quietly, slowly, to 4 am, got to the field, from which we thought was the road to our goal.

But unfortunately we were wrong and we had to go back to the city of Vladimir, which would replenish provisions and develop a new plan.
6:00 am, waiting for the store opening

and I met in the city of Suzdal dawn

buying food, we made ​​a second attempt to reach the place, so it is visible in the distance

but the road to it is blocked and dug gullies barrier, but thanks to the tip of the shepherd, we found the way to our goal ))))))

and around the beauty and Jeeps

to be continued.......................

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
part 2

road to the temple

Village Bogolubovo view of the river Klyazma

river Klyazma

and Jeeps

come

to be continued.....................

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
part 3 Intercession on the Nerl

inscription on the blackboard

"Church of the Intercession on the Nerl 1165 The world famous monument of Ancient Russia's outstanding creation of Vladimir-Suzdolskih architects"

More details in English
http://library.thinkquest.org/C006006F/engpart/vladimir/vladimir4.htm
in pictures
http://images.yandex.ru/yandsearch?text=покрова на нерли&stype=image
the goal is reached, you can go longer in the place of rest. A small photo session

not far from Suzdal we set camp on the shore of the reservoir in front of us was a half day of rest after a night raid up to location

to be continued.................

·
Premium Member
2,337 Posts
Awesome pics and journey! Thanks for links, they're very interesting. Its sparked mine and my wife's desire to go to Russia at some point.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts