Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have two 06 jeep commanders and i did a motor swap, i swapped out the 5.7 for the 4.7 since i blew the 5.7.... I also swapped the computer and wiring harness for it as well, it started a few times but never would stay running long and now it wont crank at all. So i scanned it with a obd2 scanner and it says the vin is missing/mismatch and also im using a invalid SKIM key and the other key won't even turn in the ignition switch...Any ideas on what to do now? Lol I greatly appreciate any advice

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Bobby K go to the new member section fill in required data and make a post, you will get responses much quicker.

·
Administrator
6,939 Posts
I have two 06 jeep commanders and i did a motor swap, i swapped out the 5.7 for the 4.7 since i blew the 5.7.... I also swapped the computer and wiring harness for it as well, it started a few times but never would stay running long and now it wont crank at all. So i scanned it with a obd2 scanner and it says the vin is missing/mismatch and also im using a invalid SKIM key and the other key won't even turn in the ignition switch...Any ideas on what to do now? Lol I greatly appreciate any advice
@BobbyK;

Please read the New Member Required Reading below and complete your profile signature as directed, in order to comply with the forum rules;

Thanks & welcome aboard.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Stop trying to reinvent the wheel, rebuild your Hemi put it back in or buy a New used Hemi and put that in, put the truck back the way it was Just my opinion.
I bought my Commander with a Blown engine still waiting to get it back from my machinist.

·
Registered
54 Posts
From what I understand, you need to have the vin set up in the new ECM. This has to be done by someone with a MOPAR compatible computer. Do an internet search for how to swap out / reprogram an Jeep ECM to an existing skim.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts