Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I Got to use the Jeep for what its designed to do this weekend. We went to Summit Mount Livermore at The Nature Conservancy's Davis Mountain Preserve. We Drove 6.63 Miles along the very steep and rugged Madera Canyon Road to Bridge Gap. At which point we were prohibited to drive any further. We hiked the rest of the way. Here are some pictures of the road and some of the hike.

Much Steeper then it looks in the picture. This was taken on the way back down.

Driving down Madera Canyon Road in the rain on a previous trip

For more information including more pictures please see my blog: My Life Outdoors

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Great pics, are there other trails to ride in the area?
There are many miles of trails located on TNC land. Many of them gaining quite a bit of elevation (up to 1,000 feet difference). TNC Davis Mountain Preserve is only open a few days a year. Look here for a list of 2010 open days. Even when they are open they may not open all of the trails... We had to get special permission to drive up to Bridge Gap which gains 1,208 feet inside of 2 miles.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Great pics I really like that one where your coming out of the stream kinda makes me Jealous though. Most trails over here are still snowed in and more snow is coming right now.
Looks like a very cool area.

·
Registered
233 Posts
looks great
thank you for sharing pictures
I really enjoyed ^^

1 - 7 of 7 Posts