Jeep Commander Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,881 Posts
Big Blue -

How did you get power up there? Your build looks good but the pics don't show how you route the power.
O.K. CrunchyWizard;

Now that I am back state-side, here is what I can tell you:

The picture I am attaching here shows where the power goes down in the weatherstripping, after that, the wiring is not visible anywhere.

I assume it is routed in between the headliner and the roof down to the switch. Again the wiring is not visible anywhere inside the vehicle, so, this is the only conclusion I can come to.

·
Super Moderator
5,881 Posts
Big Blue -

How did you get power up there? Your build looks good but the pics don't show how you route the power.
O.K. here is an update.

I traced the wire.

Where the picture shows it goes in behind the molding, it runs right down that molding, along the top of the door jam, down the angled part of the upper door jam, until it gets to the point where the door jam meets the hood/engine compartment, at which point it comes out from behind that rubber molding and goes into the engine compartment and is routed in behind the dash where it connects to the switch.

It's actually pretty simple when you pull the molding back and trace the wire.

Hope this answers your question adequately.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Nice stuff guys! As I was driving my corporate van into the structure today I realized I won't really be able to do much to the commander or else it won't fit, height wise, in the building. sad day

21 - 27 of 27 Posts