Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,
Just ordered a new Commander loaded to the gills - including the stereo system with navigation. Can anyone tell me the best way to connect my IPOD to the stereo? The car I currently drive has a cassette player which allows me to insert one of those blank cassettes with a wire to my IPOD. I assume the new stereo has no cassette deck. I can't find much info on the stereo itself. Any ideas?Thanks..........Steve

·
Registered
204 Posts
Do you have rear video? If so the easiest is to connect to the RCA connections on the DVD player. If not then you probably need an FM modulator.

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
loranimal said:
I do have rear video. Isn't there a 1/8" mini-plug input on the front of the stereo?
Depends. I believe there is only one Commander head unit that has an auxilary jack at this time.

·
Registered
258 Posts
I have the audio input for mp3's and such. It is better than the fm modulator.
You just plug in, turn on, and press aux on the head unit. I dont have nav either.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Whilst having a radar dectector fitted the engineer had to remove the dashboard. Interestingly enough on the UK model SatNav there are two white connector blocks unused on the back of mine.

Any ideas where we could find out where / what the engineering manual says about them.

Regards,
Richard

PS. just for a laugh yes you do have to remove all 16 allen bolts to get it off (the dashboard) and then theres a little clippy thing just underneath dead centre of the SatNav head unit.

·
Registered
46 Posts
The stereo with NAV does not have a plug in for MP3/Ipod unfortunately. At least you have the DVD to plug into. Our Commander doesn't have it, but we already had a Monster cable plug in/FM modulator for our Escape so we will just continue to use it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts