Jeep Commander Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the 6 disc changer/MP3 player, I have burned a few MP3 CD's using Napster and even I-tunes and had another friend burn a disc using a totally different software. The problem is when you press the info button while playing the CD it displays the wrong Song title. It is usally a few tracks off on the title and when you get above track 12 or so it says that the info isn't available. I have even tried using a CD that came with CD text feature and even that is displaying wrong titles. Anyone else have this problem? Is it just my Jeep? Happy Holidays

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Just an update, after putting a burned MP3 CD into my parents 06 Grand cherokee with the Nav system it played the cd no problem and displayed the correct titles of the songs etc. I went to the dealer and told them about it, we put a cd into a commander with the similar system as mine (6 disc MP3) and it did the exact same thing as mine does (showed the wrong title of the songs). I told the dealer that the GC had no problem with it, we tried a commander with the NAV system and it showed the titles no problem.
Finally we tried another commander with the similar radio as mine and that one showed the correct information. My commander and the original commander I tried my CD in that showed the wrong info was built in August of 05, so it could be a problem with the stereo systems built in that time frame. The dealer ordered me a new stereo head and I'm awaiting it to come in any day. The stereo in question is the 6 disc/mp3 player (RAQ). The dealer was going to contact DC to see if they were aware of any other issues like that.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a 2006 Limited with the 6 disc/mp3 player integrated with the NAV system. I have burned several CDs with mp3 files that have text information, but this information is not displayed on the NAV screen. Information from am/fm stations and Sirius satellite radio displays just fine. Has anyone had the same problem with mp3 titles not displaying on the NAV screen?

·
Registered
126 Posts
Odd, I have the 6-disc changer in my '06 limited, and it displays the right titles for all tracks. Admittedly, it truncates a few words off the end, but the title is right.

!c

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks for the feedback, !c. I tried another cd that has title information (I confirmed by playing it on my laptop). Still, no information was displayed on my 6-disc changer. Is there something I am missing? Seems like it should be straightforward. I will check with the dealer to see if there is something wrong with the unit.

Jeeps4me

·
Registered
717 Posts
I have the RAQ unit in mine. It doesn't do a very good job of displaying CD text information. It seems to do okay on the MP3's though

·
Registered
4 Posts
Update: I burned MP3 files on a CD, and the song titles displayed just fine. However, the song titles from regular CDs still are not displayed. At my 3,000 service, I asked the dealer about the CD title problem, and he said my radio (REC) does not show CD info! I said "yeah right", but we tried the same CD in another commander, and the titles did not display in this radio either. Has anyone experienced the same problem?

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
Jeeps4me said:
Update: I burned MP3 files on a CD, and the song titles displayed just fine. However, the song titles from regular CDs still are not displayed. At my 3,000 service, I asked the dealer about the CD title problem, and he said my radio (REC) does not show CD info! I said "yeah right", but we tried the same CD in another commander, and the titles did not display in this radio either. Has anyone experienced the same problem?
My radio doesn't display CD titles either.

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
I think it may depend on the CD. The data would have to be on the disk and most of the time it is not unless you burn the disk yourself.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts