Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm constantly keeping an eye out for stuff that I'd like to buy for the Commander, the dashhawk is an all in one gauge that measures everything from 1/mile times, 0-60 times and every parameter of your vehicle! I know it's compatible with the 07' Grands, it plugs into the OBD2 diag. port, I'm sure both Grand's and the Commander's are the same...they plug into everything from the 3.7 to the 5.7, let me know what you think!

http://www.dashhawk.com/features.html

·
Registered
401 Posts
I purchased a program ("PocketDyno+") for my iPod touch for $4.99 that does essentially the same thing - measures 0-60, 0-100, 1/4 mile, wheel HP, lateral G, etc. I don't know how accurate it is, since it told me I hit 0-60 in under 6 seconds. I've never tried one of the dedicated units like the Dashhawk for comparison though...

·
Registered
64 Posts
I purchased a program ("PocketDyno+") for my iPod touch for $4.99 that does essentially the same thing - measures 0-60, 0-100, 1/4 mile, wheel HP, lateral G, etc. I don't know how accurate it is, since it told me I hit 0-60 in under 6 seconds. I've never tried one of the dedicated units like the Dashhawk for comparison though...
rearry?? how does that work

·
Registered
401 Posts
rearry?? how does that work
iPod touch and the iPhone have an "accelerometer" that senses directional changes, the rest is just math. It's the same technology that allows it to play games using motion (same as the Wii controllers, I assume.)

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah, well not only does it measure the times, it'll tell you your trans & engine oil temp. too, along with clearing and diagnosing trouble codes too!

·
Registered
401 Posts
Definitely sounds more professional (and probably more accurate) than the iPod app. If you get it, I'd be interested in hearing about the readouts!

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes, definitely! I think this will be my first (major) upgrade! Seeing how my b-day is just around the corner... in March

·
Registered
283 Posts
If you don't want the 0-60 time feature, I use the scangauge for about $50 less. Does all the code-reading and such, just doesn't do the times for you (at least not the older model I have).

http://scangauge.com/

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
2,248 Posts
There is a similar product for diesel motorhomes called Silverleaf. It does have a monitor and a reconfigurable display that will tell you almost everything you ever wanted to know about the operating parameters and information regarding dozens of data items.

The Silverleaf information systems are rather expensive and track maintenance information also.

http://www.silverleafelectronics.com/?q=node&page=2

Here is their website just to show the monitor

1 - 12 of 12 Posts