Jeep Commander Forum banner

Mud flaps don't fit Hemi... Huh?

6K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  TexasHemi 
#1 ·
See less See more
#2 ·
I never heard of that either but I found both front and back OEM on Ebay for a lot less for both pairs together....You could send the guy a message to see if they fit. He is a Jeep Dealer out of North Carolina. Just search ebay for Commander and a lot of stuff. Makes no sense why they will not fit both. Hope that helps.

#4 ·
Quote from that site: "1) Does not fit models equipped with 5.7L HEMI Engine"

All I can imagine is that the tail pipe is in a different spot w/ Hemi, and therefore the rear bumper is not the same either.

#5 ·
Commander Ron said:
I never heard of that either but I found both front and back OEM on Ebay for a lot less for both pairs together....You could send the guy a message to see if they fit. He is a Jeep Dealer out of North Carolina. Just search ebay for Commander and a lot of stuff. Makes no sense why they will not fit both. Hope that helps.
This is the response I got:

EBAY: mopar assceesoy book doe not offer on efor a 5.7. it does say that the ones offered were only for a 3.7 or 4.7
sgilbert: All I can imagine is that the tail pipe is in a different spot w/ Hemi, and therefore the rear bumper is not the same either.
I think your right, I wonder if I could modify them where they would fit and still look right. I may have to locate some locally and take a looksee. I think running my 265/70R17's are going to throw up rocks and scratch my flairs and possibly more. It did on another SUV I had with oversize tires.

-mike

#10 ·
I have a 06 Commander Limited with a Hemi and you have to cut the corner of the mud flap off to make it fit. Otherwise it hits the (not sure what to call it) secondary muffler just past the tailpipe.

You will also have to reinforce the side that you cut, otherwise it's quite flimsy. Here are some pics of my modify.

Thanks and let me know if this helps

Jim

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.