244 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Before:

After:

·
Premium Member
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I was a little concerned about the ball joint stud clearance- my local Jeep dealership assured me there would be no problem:

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
Great pics, thanks for opening your garage to us.

·
Premium Member
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
are you running wheel spacers? do you have any rubbing?
Hey Smitty-

No wheel spacers yet. Regular, day to day on the road driving I have no rubbing at all.

But, moderate off-road I get a very slight rub (on the inner plastic wheel well) at full lock on an incline. It's hardly even a rub, though.

Pretty sure I'll eventually end up running a 1" spacer or buy some rims with backspacing to compensate.

·
Banned
90 Posts
Good close up of the tire, looks like you can go mountain climbing with those treads. The black grill guard looks good with the white contrast. very nice!

·
Premium Member
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the comments- More pics of the interior mods/upgrades soon.

·
Premium Member
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Applied some 5% tint on the Commander windows yesterday:

Before:

After:

Tailgate Window Before:

Tailgate window after 5%:

Approximately 2:30 PM facing East:

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
That looks great, Are those the ones off eBay?

·
Premium Member
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks and Yes- got them from TintPro. Pretty fast shipping too. The precut measurements were pretty much right on. For the rear doors I removed the door panel and the interrior side window squeegee. Otherwise there were no other panels to remove.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Looks light my jeep!! wait no I dont have the brush guard...looks good man good work. I really like the original Big brother little brother photo...

·
Premium Member
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I am going to get a set of those Bilsteins for the rear. Also, I keep putting it off but I think I'm going put some of those window rain/vent visors on. Every time I'm out in the rain or when the top of the XK is wet and I slow to a stop as I'm opening the driver's window the water runs right in.

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
I am going to get a set of those Bilsteins for the rear. Also, I keep putting it off but I think I'm going put some of those window rain/vent visors on. Every time I'm out in the rain or when the top of the XK is wet and I slow to a stop as I'm opening the driver's window the water runs right in.
Just to give you a heads up. I had sent shockwarehouse.com a PM trying to find out what the best vavling would be for our commanders. I didnt hear back from them so I ended up going with the 255/70 valving that two of our forum members went with. The day after I purchased them I got an email back from shockwarehouse saying that the 255/70 will be a more firm shock and that the 170/60 would be closer to stock valving. I am extreemly happy with the more fim valving as I also purchased the Bilstien HD struts which are more firm then stock. Like I said I just wanted to give you a heads up so when you decide which ones you want to go with. I bought the 10.02 inch travel ones as they are perfect for a lifted XK!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Did you get the 5% tint with the security film or did you just get the regular tint? Also how easy was it to DIY?

·
Premium Member
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Did you get the 5% tint with the security film or did you just get the regular tint? Also how easy was it to DIY?
It is the regular 5% tint. Over all it was not hard to apply, but it was kind of awkward working with the rear window. It took me about two hours to complete.

·
Premium Member
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Lost my old Cherokee

My daughter was driving my 99 Cherokee Thursday and got tagged by a GMC Suburban that blew a red light as she was making a turn:

1 - 20 of 40 Posts