Jeep Commander Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
That muffler sounds really good. That's the sound I'm trying to achieve. Like I mentioned before I want something that the wife and kids can handle too. Thanks alot for that sound clip.

·
Registered
346 Posts
I've got one of the muffler somewhere - and it's suppose to snow here tomorrow, so I'll look for it then and post it. All I have underneath is the muffler, didn't redo the exhaust itself - and I didn't add a tip either, CAI and muffler only.

Cano - my wife noticed right after the muffler was installed, but I don't think she evens hears it now.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Either way I like the way it sounds, besides I always get some B****in after I add something but it usually goes away after a few days. ;)

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Oh yeah almost forgot. Will adding a tip take away from the sound? or is it the other way around?

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
The tip didn't do anything because it was just a "pretty" to add to the XK. Some tips have some kind of packing around it which may affect the sound but I doubt by much.

·
Registered
346 Posts
$200 installed sounds like a deal.
Sorry to be a pain, but can you post pictures of the exhaust and tip? There is no rush.
Here it is - not much to look at but I think the rust gives it some character.

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
You can never have enough character... learned that in the Army because everything that you did apparently built character... and there never seemed to be a shortage of character building activities.

·
Registered
176 Posts
whats that thing dangling down? LOL

·
Registered
20 Posts
70 series muffler ?

Has anyone put the 70 series muffler or higher on there 3.7 jeep commander engine ?. I'm looking for something on the quite side more like the factory, but yet has the abality for performance.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I want a more mellow sound so I'm thinking of going with Flowmaster 70 series #52571 for $127 or the Dynomax Super Turbo #17733 for $46.I'm in no hurry so I'll wait for some rebates to come around

21 - 33 of 33 Posts