Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, this is my first post so please be patient with me but anyways a friend bought a 2008 limited 4.7 and gave it to me to get up to par with Virginia inspection requirements. so I was changing an actuator under the driver side column and disconnected the instrument cluster to reach one of the screws, upon reinstalling the dash lights up and all the indicator lights work but now the gauges wont move. i checked the fuses under the dash and they looked okay but now im lost!

some other issues are

OBD port isn't working, horn doesn't work, and I can't lock the doors with the remote but can unlock it.

·
Premium Member
677 Posts
Did you get near or touch the connectors on the Junction Block? It is the assembly that the fuses are on just to the left of the steering wheel column. See this Junction Block explained | Jeep Commander Forum Also be sure to look at the 2 PDF files attached at the bottom of the first post.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Did you get near or touch the connectors on the Junction Block? It is the assembly that the fuses are on just to the left of the steering wheel column. See this Junction Block explained | Jeep Commander Forum Also be sure to look at the 2 PDF files attached at the bottom of the first post.
Thanks for the quick reply! I will look into that when I get home! off hand though I did not touch it

·
Administrator
6,288 Posts
I looked and everything was connected , I even plugged them in again just to make sure. what else should I try?
@The101maham;

Next thing I would do is start pulling & checking ALL of the fuses. You may also have a ground or a short somewhere and that isn't going to be easy to chase down.

It sounds to me like you may have shorted something out when you re-installed the instrument cluster.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, this is my first post so please be patient with me but anyways a friend bought a 2008 limited 4.7 and gave it to me to get up to par with Virginia inspection requirements. so I was changing an actuator under the driver side column and disconnected the instrument cluster to reach one of the screws, upon reinstalling the dash lights up and all the indicator lights work but now the gauges wont move. i checked the fuses under the dash and they looked okay but now im lost!

some other issues are

OBD port isn't working, horn doesn't work, and I can't lock the doors with the remote but can unlock it.
Gotta be a fuse or bad ground. Use a cheap test light and check grounds on each fuse. You can also check for power on each the same way.

·
Administrator
6,288 Posts
Gotta be a fuse or bad ground. Use a cheap test light and check grounds on each fuse. You can also check for power on each the same way.
@Bonecollector;

Welcome to the forum; Please read the New Member Required Reading below & complete your user profile as directed;

You're also required to post an intoduction to the forum in the New member Section;

Thanks & welcome aboard.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts