Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good day everyone, a while back I shared my experience with the little transmitter box from Ireland, well it did not work for me, so the Appcar Diag FCA software did the trick to turn off that annoying TPMS light and message. I Have also successfully used the software to find a seatbelt pretensioners DTC problem. Basically in diagnostics live data, it allowed me to see the resistance of the right and left pretensioners, the drivers was too high at 8 ohms vs half that or so ( can't remember these numbers exactly, sorry) on the passenger side. After pulling the fuse for the system and simply disconnecting and reconnecting the connector, it went back in range same as the passenger side. I saw a Youtube video on that suggested fix. No air bag light!

Then came the stalling issue out of nowhere as soon as it started getting cold here in Western Wa. Well, I did do a routine trans service back in the summer. As it turns out, the Wix filter kit has the same original (faulty) design as the original OE spin-on cooler filter. There is a TSB that basically described the delay in gear engagement due to the fluid draining out of the converter when the vehicle is shut off and parked for a while. I experinced the delay, but somehow I was stalling also when coming to a full stop for the first 10 to 20 minutes of operation, it continued to have a surge and a near stall even when up to temp.
Somehow, putting on the new redesigned OE filter completely fixed both problems, it is night and day! The revised filter will not allow you to fill it with fluid down the center of it, the original design will, so I think there is a check valve on there on the new design. I believe that that bad filter causes some sort of fluid flow issues, not just gear delay. I did not see any splitting on the sump filter as some have experinced, but I replaced it anyways with an OE unit also. Anyways, very happy camper. I hope this helps someone, thanks, Chris..

·
Administrator
15,619 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Wow, this software seems legit. Why is this my first time seeing it? I had to borrow a buddy's snap on computer to read the codes for all the modules. Apparently this can do it for 49 bucks. Amazing

1 - 3 of 3 Posts