Discussion Starter #1

Attachments

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! It came out pretty good after a what-if project on the lift

20" rims and 35X12.50 Grabbers

The lift is around 6, maybe 7"... ish. A mixture of the Old Man Emu struts + the OME HD springs, and a 4" SuperLift kit with an additional spacer in the back.

Dave

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
To appreciate the lift, I am 6 feet tall... the bumper is at my hip/waist...

·
Registered
370 Posts
Interesting set up. You used the entire SL set up but kept OME front struts and springs? Did you have to do anything else?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
370 Posts
I am seriously debating on doing that set up. I currently am running a modified OME so I want to know what you did besides combined SL and OME

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Once I get back this spring, I will be adding a lot of the heavy stuff to the rig. I have the Steel Armadillo Hidden Which mounts for my Warn i12000, and I am also looking to get a steel number for the rear with a tire carrier.
Once all that gets dumped on I will remeasure the highth to see what changed for the specific weight I placed on the vehicle.

Also... Buy new brake lines. I am getting custom lines made that are 8" longer on all 4 lines. The stock lines are almost tight just sitting level. I had to disconnect all the frame mounts screws just to get enough slack to drive on the street safely.

I also changed all the hub units while I did the lift. I figured I had 100k miles on the original ones so it was best to change them.

You can use JK rear adjustable lower arms on the rig to save money and easier to buy. The main difference with the JK parts is that the johnny joint uses a larger diameter bolt and nut at the frame mount... I drilled out for the bigger bolt and carried on my merry way.

I bet you can use uppers also, but I got those from the forum here that are made for the XK.

The Super Lift springs for the rear are not big enough if you go with OME springs up front. You have to buy the OME rear springs and have a spacer if you mix the two kits. Or just buy the 8-6 inch springs from JBA or ARB. That is why I am leaned back on my truck by almost 3".

Also, buy the caster adjustment kit from JBA, that product is perfect for fixing the last little bit of alignment that we could not fix before he made the kit.

Honestly... depending on how much drop I get after the extra weight from the bumpers I would go with a 3" lift parts for the structs with the OME HD strut/spring. 4" brackets from SL might be really too high (dare I say it!) on the front pieces. The rear stuff is spot on, so keep all that and weld it once your done. The bolts will eventually come lose and at what point will you take it off after all the work your doing to lift it?

Dave

·
Registered
370 Posts
Well, I shouldn't need to do much since the SL is really designed to bring things back to where they are supposed to be. I already have OME HD springs and 2" RC spacer in the rear so I'm good there. I am just going to be using the SL front strut spacer and the remaining components in the lift kit to accomplish what I need. I'll be selling the SL springs and rear shocks after I buy it. Lastly, I will just buy a Rusty Adjustable Track Bar.

In addition to the above, I may replace some warn bushings and what not just because it will all be taken apart.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts