Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Never thought this day would come (at least not for a lot longer), but my wife and I just found out we're going to add another munchkin to the family, and so have decided to sell the Commander and get something a little bigger.

Super sad about my Jeep.

Almost positive we're shooting for a Chrysler Aspen; 07-08, 5.7Hemi, 4wd, "J" package (that's like everything at the candy store).

Wondering if anyone here has had any experience driving one of thess. How does it handle in snow? Off-road capabilities? Real world gas mileage? Lift it? Lower it? Limited slip differentials? Aftermarket goodies?

Anyways, would love to hear any input on the upcoming ride.

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm guessing the aftermarket support for the ASPEN would be worse then the ones for our jeeps especially for a lift.
Agreed. What I'm banking on is a bigger market for the Ram/Durango, and other crossover parts within the Chrysler family.

I'm really having a hard time finding out information because I can't find an Aspen forum anywhere near as good as this one! Too bad there isn't a Jeep Commander XL. When is the new Wagoneer coming out again?:lookaround:

·
Super Moderator
14,913 Posts
The new Wagoneer is supposed to be out in 2013.

·
1,993 Posts
I don't know to be honest if I didn't need the off road prowess that jeep offers I would not own one. There expensive and complicated to work on and Chrysler locks you out of a bunch of stuff. Anything that can realistically carry more people then the commander being any good off road is not out there. I'm a ford guy for everything else but off road vehicles I have two jeeps both are for off roading and two fords for everything else we do or need.

·
Registered
284 Posts
We looked at one, just a rebadged Duango. Not a bad truck, but not really that much more room in it, especially if you go with the captains chairs in the middle. Not a lot of aftermarket either, from what I could find. Ended up with the Jeep because we wanted a weekend wheeler, and liked the way it drove. Next choice was a deisel excursion, or an expedition.

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Narrowed it down to the 2008, since prices are comparable and miles are a little more favorable. Also means we get the MyGig.
(Wasn't blown away by the REC in the 07's; non-touchscreen sucked and the acoustics sounded weak for a car with a subwoofer.)
Question for those with the MyGig and rear entertainment: do you like the set-up? We really like being able to watch movies up front, in back, or both, and control everything from the driver's seat. Do you have to load movies/press play/etc. from the second row with the MyGig? Any control from the driver's seat?
Know I'd have to get the Lockpick kit for movies in motion, just wondering if I should put that money towards an aftermarket setup like the one I have now. Could install a bigger screen too...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts