Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
Looks like it held up well, Sorry about the accident. Tell your wife that at least now we know what it looks like under the flairs!

·
Registered
3,262 Posts
That SUCKS!
Good news,large vehicles take their licks well.Wife is ok.Bad news,time to play the body shop game.Hope the other driver had insurance.Good Gawd,how do ya run ito the side of a big silver Jeep for Crissake?I know it happens everwhere but what are we in such a hurry for?I,m sure the other driver had a nice long yellow before they decided to run it anyways.Anyways sorry ya gotta deal with that. Rob

·
Registered
512 Posts
Glad everyone is ok, any pics of the other car? 1 fender, 2 doors a couple of flares and you are good to go!-43:D

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
Glad everyone is alright. Why did they tow the XK? It still looks driveable.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Sorry to hear bout your ride :( , glad no one was hurt.

·
Registered
577 Posts
They should be able to buff that out.

Glad no one was hurt.

·
Premium Member
2,265 Posts
Its just personality!

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
HEMI said:
They should be able to buff that out.
Might require some extra rubbing compound. :D

I must say impressive side impact. What did the other car look like? Curious to see.

Happy the boss was safe.

·
2,248 Posts
Maybe some industrial strength bed liner.

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ntrepid43 said:
Glad everyone is ok, any pics of the other car? 1 fender, 2 doors a couple of flares and you are good to go!-43:D
I didn't get there in time, they had already towed it away. It was a Nissian Altima, lady ran the red light. I was told it buggered up her car pretty bad, the air bags deployed and my wife said the front end looked like a VW. Police said she was going about 35 MPH when she went ran the light.

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Ranger6882 said:
Police said she was going about 35 MPH when she went ran the light.
Thats a pretty impressive hit the XK took then. ;)

·
Premium Member
2,265 Posts
Doesn't look like your side curtain airbags deployed either. How was the jostling inside? Did you wife have any comment about whether it went up in the air at all (ie, trying to roll over)?

·
Premium Member
2,337 Posts
I think the side curtains only deploy in the event of a rollover, but I could be mistaken.

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
PolarBZ said:
Doesn't look like your side curtain airbags deployed either. How was the jostling inside? Did you wife have any comment about whether it went up in the air at all (ie, trying to roll over)?
She said that the noise of the wreck would not stop. She feels fine, there was no whip lash, however the lady that ran into to my wife her driver side air bag did not deploy, they kept her in the car until paramedics arrived. I was told they were affaird of the bag being deployed when she tried to exit car. When they got her out of car air bag still did not deploy.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
happy to hear everyone is ok.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts