Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently ordered a 2" lift kit and some 1.5" spacers. After they were installed, I planned on upgrading to 265/70 tires. However, my second flat tire made tires top priority.

My question is what issues will I run into installing the 265's before the lift/spacers for a bit? Or would it be better to bump down to some 255/70's and play it safe?

·
1,993 Posts
You will get some rubbing for sure I would imagine. If you stick to the pavement and take it easy I would guess you could be ok for a short period of time. I see tons of these stupid cars with 26" rims and crap and you know they rub. I'm guessing most the rubbing will come from the suspension compressing the tire up so take it slow. I'm sure someone not guessing will chime in soon

·
Registered
195 Posts
I had a complete failure of the rear poly spacers when I had a 2" lift while running 265's. Like Sal says, take it easy becuase you will get rubbing. I would imagine it very difficult to run that size tire in the front and NOT get some pretty significant rubbing.

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
Make sure the bolt from the ball joint doesn't hit the new tires. I think it might not clear without the wheel spacers.

If your other stuff is on order and coming, can you just get a cheap used tire for a week?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts