Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Yesterday, I tried driving over some mud for the first time ever ! we went to some sort of a temporary water spot where the rain water gather in and there were alot of mud spots around. The commander did well even though the Traction Control was totally off by disconnecting the ABS fuse. I also retried it with the Traction Control turned ON and the Commander did the same with less wheel spin.

I was surprised by how much mud I have collected during those some runs, the mud was every where underneath the car, even it reached over the trans and transfer case !!, I took it to the car wash and they took TWO AND HALF HOURS to clean the car !! and charged me double the cost I usually pay.

When I was driving back home there was very strong vibration in the vehicle, ( it was like dancing in the road), and then I noticed that the rims were all filled with mud and that caused the vibration. I believe I should have drove the car on high speed for some time immediately after I got out of the mud to minimize the mud sticking on the car. (lack of experience)

Here is vid (Traction Control was OFF with ABS fuse disconnected)

http://s247.photobucket.com/albums/gg135/ahmed255/?action=view&current=df5828c8.flv

Some pics ..

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Some other pics..

·
Registered
444 Posts
Very nice pics Ahmed! That looks like it was fun. I wonder if sandy mud is more slippery and softer then dirt mud?:stickpoke:

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
I like all your pics Ahmed. Something about the bright sun and the color of the sand. Very nice indeed.

I also enjoy hearing your friends talking, cheering, and laughing during your runs. I don't know what they are saying but I can imagine. I think 4x4 guys are the same around the world.

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Very nice pics Ahmed! That looks like it was fun. I wonder if sandy mud is more slippery and softer then dirt mud?:stickpoke:
That isn't sand mud ,,, the sand actully does not turn in such mud, the sand which usually I drive on does not hold the water very well.

This is mud is regular mud like what you have, I mean there was no sand on that spot

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I like all your pics Ahmed. Something about the bright sun and the color of the sand. Very nice indeed.

I also enjoy hearing your friends talking, cheering, and laughing during your runs. I don't know what they are saying but I can imagine. I think 4x4 guys are the same around the world.
They were praying I get stuck :) ,, they were tilling me to go closer to the water to get stuck!

·
Administrator
15,249 Posts
They were praying I get stuck :) ,, they were tilling me to go closed to the water to get stuck!
But then they would have to get all muddy helping you get out.

·
Registered
862 Posts
Great pictures!

Reminds me of my muddin’ days. We’d head out to the Yakima river to the sloppy pudding stuff. No roof, no doors. You weren’t considered ‘’worthy’’ if you didn’t get totally plastered with mud yourself, let alone the Jeep. We’d even get into ‘’mudball fights’’ too. :D

I actually raised my driveway by 4 inches by cleaning off all the mud after a weekend of muddin’ and eventually had a backhoe come in and scrape it off to level it out again.

Nowadays, with the Commander, you can go play in the mud while wearing a suit and tie. :D

One thing about mud, it tends to fill up the tire tread, which makes you lose traction. Turning off traction control and running it hard helps because that flings the mud out so you can get tire knobbies back again for grip.

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
68 Posts
That's pretty badass Ahmed. Pics were cool but the added video FTW! Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
It's great to see how everyone is the same regardless of where on the world they go Mudding! ...

I wish I had pictures one time maybe 20 years ago my friends wanted to go ice skating on the pond and they were going to plow the snow with a tractor ... but it tractor got stuck near the side where the ice was thin.

So they took the GMC Jimmy and got the tractor out ... then decided to plow the ice with the Jimmy as it was faster.

You probably figured it out already ... the Jimmy went THROUGH the ice in the deepest spot (it was floating for about 20 minutes) ... and the finaly totalof stuck vehicles was two tractors, a dump truck, 3 tow trucks, and and bull dozer.

The Jimmy took 3 months of spare time to repair ... all the body panles had to be hammer back out (the ice crushed them as it was pulled through) ... the engin had to be rebuilt to remove rust ... and all gear boxes had to be removed and and flushed out ...

... Even the apolstery had to be cleaned specialy as there was this wierd smell from the pond water :)

·
Registered
3,262 Posts
Very cool vid Ahmed. As you have learned, soft mud is very much like operating after a recent snowfall.
The American slang term for mud loading the insides of your rim is 'Ya got mud in yer tires'!
First time you hear it, you take it literally and think to yourself, you can't get mud in your tires, dumash, and disregard the comment.
As you found out, the imbalance is measured in pounds, not ounces.
No matter how much or fast you drove it, you would not have succeeded in dislodging the mud riding on the level surface of the inner rim. It has to be rinsed out.

Sure looked like ya had a good time!

Rob

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
great pics and video SANDMAN. dont keep it up, i'll have to give you a new nickname.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Great video! I can't wait to get mine into the mud. I had a lot of fun this year with the snow but I want to get it muddy.

·
Registered
391 Posts
It is very nicely done Ahmed as usual! I will never get tired watching/reading your post'.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts