Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Two weeks back I was in public holiday in my hometown "Madinah" (the city where Islam spread from) and I manged to do some off-road staff :)

My first water crossing ..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8aFdLoQswVM

I also managed to claim the biggest mountain the city (Ohud Mountain) ,,

(I reached where those antennas are)

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
As always, wonderful pictures. Keep sharing!

·
Premium Member
2,262 Posts
Looking great Ahmed. Is it safe enough for tourists in Medinah, yet? We could have an XK get together over there!

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
awesome my friend...great pics!! anyone with you when you went thru?

does your family 4wheel with you??
Two of my friends in the university were with me ,, Unfortunately my wife is not that of adventurer person, and doesn't get excited going off-road.... in fact prior to the day my friends and I went up there, I attempted to go up that mountain with my wife,,,, and I guess what !!! :mofo: I couldn't complete it because of her getting afraid of high places and screams when ever the wheels slips and the car starts shaking ....... driving me nuts :mofo: ,,, so I don't go with her off-road but I take her on some easy picnic trips.

Looking great Ahmed. Is it safe enough for tourists in Medinah, yet? We could have an XK get together over there!
Being in Saudi is really safe in general, may be not a very easy place to live in for westerns, but safe. I deal with Europeans and many other nationalities in daily basis as I work in Swedish company, I can tell you they feel safe.

one time and Irish guy came for the first time after those famous bombing incidents , and he was extremely afraid, but after one week when he was leaving the country he said now he feels more safe in Saudi than back in Ireland !!

Your spelling of "Medinah" tells that you know it and you know how to pronounce it !!

·
Registered
346 Posts
My wife is the same way, she loves the scenery, but doesn't like what it takes to get there sometimes - fortunately, my kids think it's cool! Great pics, you've got a better eye for composition than I do.

·
Registered
160 Posts
My wife is the same way, she loves the scenery, but doesn't like what it takes to get there sometimes - fortunately, my kids think it's cool! Great pics, you've got a better eye for composition than I do.
I think everyone has 1 or 2 of those people that are just not sure about doing some crazy thing. I know I scared the crap out of a couple of my friends:rofl:

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
thanks for sharing SANDMAN. if you keep coming up with new trailing spots i'm going to have to come up with a different nickname for you.

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'm tellin ya... I think you wheel your stock XH more than a lot of others who are lifted/modified!

Great pics/videos.

I believe so :) .... but unfortunately the Commander is not stiff enough to handle all my off-roading !!! many problems in such a low millage !

1 - 15 of 15 Posts