Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
Looks good. I like the way you have the exhaust coming out the back side.

Also, in the third pic it looks like something is covering up the open space above the chrome fascia. That or it looks like you painted the cooler silver.

·
Super Moderator
15,109 Posts
HemiGRN said:
Finally was able to get some pics taken of my 07' Overland.
Comments are welcomed!!!

·
Super Moderator
15,109 Posts
HemiGRN said:
I have a few more... The resolution on these should be better. Hope it works :D
Too small.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks... I was trying to figure something out with the exhaust to keep it with the clean look. I had it custom done from the cat back. The exhaust place used 3" stainless pipe from the cat to the SS 405 and from the muffler to the tip was 2.5" stainless. I also had custom rolled tip.

They ended up finding an exhaust leak at the flange after the cats. I told them that I was going to bring it to the dealer to get it fixed.

·
Super Moderator
15,109 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
CrzCajun said:
Looks good. I like the way you have the exhaust coming out the back side.

Also, in the third pic it looks like something is covering up the open space above the chrome fascia. That or it looks like you painted the cooler silver.
The exhaust shop pointed out that there was nothing protecting my radiator from rocks kicking up and puncturing the lower part. I ended up going to Home Depot and buying a Gutter Protector for a 1.50. A lot less expensive than trying to replace a radiator.

·
Registered
487 Posts
thats tasty, the only thing to improve the looks would be clear turn signals:D

we have then in the UK and am sure you could get them in the states if you gave the part number to the dealer.

·
Super Moderator
15,109 Posts
drysuitdiver said:
thats tasty, the only thing to improve the looks would be clear turn signals:D

we have then in the UK and am sure you could get them in the states if you gave the part number to the dealer.
Nope. Can't get the clear turn signals here. Not even with the part number because it is not in the computer.

·
Registered
178 Posts
HemiGrn,

Great looking ride! I like your exhaust coming out from the side...that's something different (or so I believe). Keep us posted with pics and upgrades. I love seeing them on a green XK!

O'C

·
Registered
487 Posts
jeep5253 said:
Nope. Can't get the clear turn signals here. Not even with the part number because it is not in the computer.

hmmm I see a business opportunity here.

would you guys like a price?

for the pair of units only with lamps.

postage would be extra.

·
Super Moderator
15,109 Posts
drysuitdiver said:
hmmm I see a business opportunity here.
would you guys like a price?
for the pair of units only with lamps.
postage would be extra.
Somebody on here has already given us a price and it is just not worth it -- not to me. I'll try to find the thread. I think it was $300+ each. You have to get the whole headlight assembly.

·
Registered
487 Posts
jeep5253 said:
Somebody on here has already given us a price and it is just not worth it -- not to me. I'll try to find the thread. I think it was $300+ each. You have to get the whole headlight assembly.

please tell me you are jesting at that price

·
Super Moderator
15,109 Posts
drysuitdiver said:
please tell me you are jesting at that price
02-26-2008, 12:56 PM
ahmed255

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowa Commander
Ahmed, were all looking for them clear headlight assemblies, I'm dying to remove my orange ones, can you maybe check with your local dealer for a price? Man your pictures are awsome, they look like a jeep add. -mike

Hi Mike,

As you may know those lights comes fitted with the headlights in one piece. the cost for one is around $330. (in fact I need to change the right one, if you concentrate in the pictures you can notice that the right headlight is not perfectly fitted, the plastic is broken from inside due to a minor accident)

But what I'm afraid of is that it might not be 100% compatible with the cabling circuit in your model ! the idea is that the lighting way is different between the US and International model.

How?

In your model, when you turn on the park lights only, the orange light turns on constantly. and when you activate the turn signal another light in the orange light flashes and the light which was on constantly on start to flash as well.

In the international model (like my car), When the park light is on, a small bulb in the high beam light area gets on, and nothing happens in the orange light. the orange light will only flashes when the turn signal is activated. (I will try to take some pics while the lights are on to get a clear idea about the difference, but you can see the front park light in the high beam area in the picture below)

The headlight and high beam light are working similarly on both models.

you may wonder how I knew it :), I found one US model in a showroom here (imported from US) and noticed the deference.

So if you are really interested to get these lights, I can go to the showroom and try to compare the headlight connectors, and I can take detailed pictures of the cables and connectors in my car and you can compare it with ones in your car.

·
Super Moderator
15,109 Posts
08XKLimited said:
is that a stock grill or did you get inserts? i like it.
That is the stock Overland grill.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts