Jeep Commander Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2006 jeep commander 4.7 l v8
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2006 jeep commander 4.7 l v8 thrown a code p 0113 I was told that it was the iat sensor so I replaced it. My jeep.was still.doing it after I replaced it.so I changed the map sensor today and it's still.doing same thing but no code is thrown. It seems to lose power when pushing on the throttle. Could it me my tbs sensor that's going out?

·
Administrator
8,162 Posts
My 2006 jeep commander 4.7 l v8 thrown a code p 0113 I was told that it was the iat sensor so I replaced it. My jeep.was still.doing it after I replaced it.so I changed the map sensor today and it's still.doing same thing but no code is thrown. It seems to lose power when pushing on the throttle. Could it me my tbs sensor that's going out?
@Beep beep jeep ;

Welcome to the forum;

Please read the 1st post of the New Member Required Reading thread below & complete your user profile signature as directed;

Important New Member information, Forum requirements & Forum rules. | Jeep Commander Forum

This is a forum requirement & prerequisite for membership.

If you need help completing this task, please ask for it.

Once your complete your profile signature completely, we will be better able to assist you.

Thank you.

·
Registered
2006 4.7L
75 Posts
Your problem may be in wiring harness or a problem with the C2 connector of the PCM.
Do you have a scanner that can read live data? Or a multimeter?
The IAT acts like a voltage divider, and it's resistance varies with the temp of the incoming air.
If it's +4.98 volts or higher, the PCM will read that as a fault condition, usually caused by an open circuit.
If the PCM sees 0 volts, it reads that as a short to ground error.
A scan tool will show what the voltage is.
P0113 is IAT SENSOR CIRCUIT HIGH. so I would suspect an open circuit.
The IAT reports back to the PCM via the C2 connector. (C2 pins 30 and 27)
Possibly removing C2, spray some contact cleaner and reinstall could do the trick.
You could measure the resistance of the circuit by taking an ohm reading at C2, but DO NOT put probes into the connector opening. Doing so can damage the connector.

CAUTION : use a cleaner that is safe for plastics, disconnect the battery first and wait 30 minutes, be careful not to break the little red locking tabs, very fragile.

Reactions: Belson

·
Registered
2006 4.7L
75 Posts
Where is the pcm location and the c2 connector location
The PCM is in the engine bay, passenger side, back of the coolant reservoir.
It has 4 connectors.
C2 will be the second connector back.
Slide the little red tab backwards, do not pry up.
Once it's back, you press down on the black tab to unlock it, and you can pull the connector off.
Reinstall, push the connector on until the black plastic tab hooks in place, slide the red tab forward to lock in place.

·
Administrator
8,162 Posts
@Beep beep jeep ;

Hopefully, this information helps you;

P0113 IAT Sensor 1 Circuit High Input

This diagnostic trouble code (DTC) is a generic powertrain code, which means that it applies to OBD-II equipped vehicles.

Although generic, the specific repair steps may vary depending on make/model.

The powertrain control module (PCM) monitors the temperature of the air entering the engine. The PCM supplies a 5 volt reference voltage to the Intake Air Temperature (IAT) sensor

The IAT is a thermistor that varies resistance based on temperature.

As the temperature increases, resistance decreases. Low temperature results in a high signal voltage. When the PCM sees a signal voltage higher than 5 volts, it sets this P0113 check engine light code.

Potential Symptoms: There will likely be no symptoms other than illumination of the Malfunction Indicator Lamp (MIL - Check Engine Light / Service Engine Soon).

Causes: A code P0113 may mean that one or more of the following has happened:

1) Internally failed IAT sensor
2) Faulty connection at IAT sensor
3) Open in IAT ground circuit or signal circuit
4) Short to voltage in IAT signal circuit or reference circuit
5) IAT harness and/or wiring routed too close to high-voltage wiring (e.g. alternator, spark plug cables, etc.)
6) Faulty PCM (less likely but not impossible)

Possible Solutions: First, if you have access to a scan tool, is there an IAT reading? If the IAT reading is logical then the problem is likely intermittent. If the reading is less than -30 degrees, unplug the connector. Install a jumper wire between the harness connector signal and ground circuits.

The IAT temperature reading on the scan tool should be maxed out at the high end. For example it should be 280 degrees Farenheit or higher. If it is, the wiring is okay, and it may have been the connection. If it isn't install the jumper wire between the IAT signal circuit and the chassis ground.

If now the IAT reading on the scan tool is maxed out then check for an open in the IAT ground circuit. If you get no reading at all on the scan tool, it's likely that the sensor signal is open or the 5 volt reference is missing.

Check using a DVOM (digital volt ohm meter) for a 5 volt reference. If it's there, then unplug the connector at the PCM and check for continuity on the IAT signal circuit between the PCM connector and the IAT connector.

Other IAT sensor and circuit related DTCs: P0095, P0096, P0097, P0098, P0099, P0110, P0111, P0112, P0114, P0127

Read more at: OBD-II Trouble Code: P0113 Intake Air Temperature Circuit High Input
Copyright OBD-Codes.com

There is a diagram in the thread below, that shows you he exact location of the PCM, as well as what it looks like;

Key Re-learn procedures & other important info when replacing the PCM (Powertrain Control Module). | Jeep Commander Forum

1 - 7 of 7 Posts