Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Morin folks from south westerly Washington! I think I've found my commander, specs: 2007 limited, everything but the kitchen sink and DVD player; sparkle red, sweet beige leather interior, 5.7 QD2, 2 owner, 113k mi. We're on our way to kick tires, shake down, and test drive. It's a 302 mile drive to get there, but sometimes you have to leave the neighborhood to get better options. Wish us luck! Pics to follow if purchased. He's asking 7700.00,not to shabby around here.

·
Super Moderator
5,763 Posts
Morin folks from south westerly Washington! I think I've found my commander, specs: 2007 limited, everything but the kitchen sink and DVD player; sparkle red, sweet beige leather interior, 5.7 QD2, 2 owner, 113k mi. We're on our way to kick tires, shake down, and test drive. It's a 302 mile drive to get there, but sometimes you have to leave the neighborhood to get better options. Wish us luck! Pics to follow if purchased. He's asking 7700.00,not to shabby around here.
Best of luck, post some pics if you guys decide to pull the trigger.

·
Registered
37 Posts
We pulled the trigger; I had a gut instinct this was being sold by someone who loved this jeep, babied it, great maintenance, non smoker, etc. The folks we bought it from were well to do, no kids, second owners. It's in very nice shape all we've done is wash & wax, vacuum, and detail the inside, as this is what we do to all new cars we get:) the fluids were perfect, everything works, only thing it needs will be a complete brake job. All maintaince receipts were kept, dealer window sticker too. Commander originates at $43, 000! I stole it for $7700.at least I feel like it. Shifts very smooth, runs awesome, average mpg to lewiston idaho today @55-60mph was 21.5mpg. We're tickled

Attachments

·
Registered
19 Posts
Congrats and good luck with the new Commander! Clean looking Jeep. That MPG number is amazing. Did you get the hybrid version? :) My Hemi with 3.73 gears and 113k on it gets more like 12.5 MPG at 75 mph my only complaint about it.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No hybrid. The road we drive to town is 55mph for safety. Lol it's a river road, very whindy, sometimes fallen rocks, deer jump out, etc. Set cruise for 55ish and let the MDS do its job 🙂

·
Super Moderator
5,763 Posts
We pulled the trigger; I had a gut instinct this was being sold by someone who loved this jeep, babied it, great maintenance, non smoker, etc. The folks we bought it from were well to do, no kids, second owners. It's in very nice shape all we've done is wash & wax, vacuum, and detail the inside, as this is what we do to all new cars we get:) the fluids were perfect, everything works, only thing it needs will be a complete brake job. All maintaince receipts were kept, dealer window sticker too. Commander originates at $43, 000! I stole it for $7700.at least I feel like it. Shifts very smooth, runs awesome, average mpg to lewiston idaho today @55-60mph was 21.5mpg. We're tickled
That's a good looking XK @Fozzysbabe;

Best of luck with it.

·
Registered
218 Posts
I got a commander 4.7 to save on gas. Should have paid attention, as the hemi epa mpg was just 1 mpg less. Didn't the hemi go to a system of variable displacement where cylinders were shut down in cruise?
My 4.7 would show 20-21 mpg at 55-60 mph. That did not last due to the noise though- "faster dammit!".... Every once in a while, I toss it in neutral downhill, for the fun of seeing 4 times my average mpg on the readout.
Seems to me the commander "fleet" at first was an "odd duck". Most were bought by people looking for mommy wagons that would not get stuck in the snow. So they were relegated to highway use. The cherokees got the attention of the off-roaders. Commanders just did taxi service for the most part until trade-in time.
I picked up my '06 in '09 from a dealer. They had it for $16k with 46 thousand miles, one owner, leased. It was not moving, so they took 14 for it. Msrp was way north of 40k.
If one were looking for offroading, this one did not fill the bill "on-paper". Third seat, entertainment system, only option not aboard was memory seats, or leather upholstery. And very street tires. Someone shopped the option list for this one. I would have skipped it, but I saw the "low range" selector. That did it for me.
Fun to go out with newer rigs and keep going as they marvel at the mommy wagon twisting up with one tire in the air and not getting stuck.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
This is the family mommy wagon, but a wagon my husband doesn't mind being seen in, or working on if needed. Oh and the Bose sound system! It rocks the Cars CD just fine, heehee

·
Super Moderator
5,763 Posts
This is the family mommy wagon, but a wagon my husband doesn't mind being seen in, or working on if needed. Oh and the Bose sound system! It rocks the Cars CD just fine, heehee
Bose? Is it aftermarket? If it's the factory stereo system it should be a Boston Acoustics system.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts