Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So today I got my CAI installed, is was fairly easy, just one thing to modify, the hose that connects into the old intake was too long so it had to be cut, other than that a straight shoot.
I was thinking of getting the AFE stage 2, but I’m happy with K&N, the intake seems to have more flow, plus I did some research with the guy at the shop, and their number were not constant from website or print outs, here are some pics:
Every thing off:

Installed:

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

There are some gaps that I will be closing out later on...

THis is a clip, just for sound demo, I was by my self so I just put the camera on the ground, now, it sound so much better in person...

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
Good job there Romeo. I thought it was too cold outside to change it today?:D

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
CrzCajun said:
Good job there Romeo. I thought it was too cold outside to change it today?:D

:D It was, and it was raining, and I didn't have my tools with me because I keep them in CT. so I actualy did the job with what ever I had in the house, and it wasn't much, but I wanted it on... And now I'm glad I did! ! ! :cool:

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Well Done Romeo.. and sounds powerful.

how much did it cost you? and do you notice the differeince in the performance and MPG?

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ahmed255 said:
Well Done Romeo.. and sounds powerful.

how much did it cost you? and do you notice the differeince in the performance and MPG?

Thanks, I just got it done, I have not done any mayor driving yet, I will keep an eye on it, I drove arround the block after I was done, and yes, you can te the diference on performance, and the sound!!! :eek: sound mean!!! I paid $324 but anyone can get a better price online, I just didn't want to have to wait for 3 weeks, I will let you know about the MPG as soon as I can...

·
Registered
887 Posts
Is that the '08 4.7?

·
Registered
132 Posts
ROMEO said:
So today I got my CAI installed, is was fairly easy, just one thing to modify, the hose that connects into the old intake was too long so it had to be cut, other than that a straight shoot.
I was thinking of getting the AFE stage 2, but I’m happy with K&N, the intake seems to have more flow, plus I did some research with the guy at the shop, and their number were not constant from website or print outs, here are some pics:
Every thing off:

Installed:

I had the same problem with the old intake hose being to long so I also cut it, with a pipe cutter, and I got a nice even cut!

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
121 Posts
I just installed the same one, very easy install....I had to modify the hose also. Im really pleased with the sound and the mileage gain so far.

·
Registered
887 Posts
Does anyone know if these are compatible with the 2008 4.7? It is not listed on K&N's web site when you search by vehicle.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Does anyone know if these are compatible with the 2008 4.7? It is not listed on K&N's web site when you search by vehicle.

I think it does, take a pic of your engine or compare with the pics here, to see if it looks like the one on the '06-'07, but you can always send K&N an email just to be on the safe side

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
Nice Pics, but now you have to come up with your next mod as it is a never ending process.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
a49erFootballFan said:
Nice Pics, but now you have to come up with your next mod as it is a never ending process.

Working on it ... :cool:

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Looks/sounds good! I need to do that to mine too!

How much of the hose did you have to cut?

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
BigPoppaJNutZ said:
Looks/sounds good! I need to do that to mine too!

How much of the hose did you have to cut?

6" or so, what you do is you do that last, so you can put the new hose adptor to the intake, and compare and sit it one on top of the other, that way you can see how muck to cu, since the old hose will not have the lip to help it stay in place, I left about an inch inside the new one.

The other thing to know is the clamp under the original box, if you have a longer screw than the one on the kit, you can keep the ruber that is there, if not then just take the ruber out and make sure it doesn't move.

If you are like me, that don't read the instructions you will try to remove the box for the vacum next to the intake box before time, just desconect the line and remove the box one it is out, if you have any questions just let me know.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
:confused: I’ve been thinking about adding some insulation to the intake and the heat shield, does anyone has any opinions on this?:confused:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts