14,914 Posts
Here are your pics:

·
Registered
243 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
We spotted a stock Commander, the wife said wow I can't believe ours was that low almost dragging the ground. I laughed about when I came driving ours home and she said how are we going to get home in this thing in the winter? I said we'll get it in shape. Now she loves it!!!

·
Registered
184 Posts
I always thought a lifted commander resembled the "Cherokee" look Jeep was going for way more than the stock commander. Can't wait to get my lift kit and start making mine look like a real jeep :)

The stock jeep in the picture doesn't look like it has the 4x4 emblem on the back..

·
Registered
143 Posts
I do kinda like that bumper mod. As long as your steady and clean with the cutting it does improve the look of the stock bumper.

I wonder if there are any disadvantages to doing this? Aside from having to cut the bumper and resale if someone ever had that in mind.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Man....I haven't been on here in a while. I have more pics on my profile. Other than that I don't have anymore.I would imagine that it would be easier for water to get underneath the hood now, but other than that I really don't see any other negatives. I don't ever plan to sale this thing ever. It was the first reliable vehicle that I have purchased and was able to make it my own. I will add another vehicle to the collection before I sale my baby. Sadly we have been separated for about a year now :(. Moved to Hawaii for a few years and decided to ship our more economical car because of gas prices. Figured that we could use it when ever we visit back home instead of renting a car. Was too stubborn to sale since it was paid for. Hopefully I will be reunited for a short period of time in the very....very near furture. On the plus side....she is still sitting under 100k miles.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I see you have the knucklebone tire carrier... how do you like it? if you dont mind me asking, what was the price?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I see you have the knucklebone tire carrier... how do you like it? if you dont mind me asking, what was the price?
Sorry man....I don't get on here too much anymore, but I love the tire carrier. It wouldn't fit underneath and it's too big for either myself or my wife to grab from the roof. So, the next option was the rear tire carrier. It's a nice option because it has a tow hitch which allows me to still have the option to tow. My only complaint is the gap in between the tire and body and it's a little harder to see out of the rear window. If you know how to use mirrors it's not a big deal. I bought it for $625 or $675 I believe, but it was discounted because it had minor "damage" (couldn't even tell....Was a small ding).

1 - 15 of 15 Posts