Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got a 2017 Grand Cherokee Altitude 4x4 to replace my wife's 2011 Audi TT. We are finally back to all Mopar in the garage!

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
5,763 Posts
I had a 2008 WK Grand Cherokee Laredo Rocky Mountain Edition that had the 3.7L V6 prior to getting my Commander.

I used to really like the Grand Cherokees, I had a 95 Cherokee Sport with the 4.0L before my 2008 GC.

When the 2013 GC model year came out and I saw the direction Grand Cherokees were heading, I kind of lost interest in them.

Best of luck with it though.

What kind of 4WD system/capabilities does it have? I'd be curious to hear....

Does it have a 2 speed transfer case?

Or is it all select-a-dial type options now, as I suspect?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, the altitudes come with QT1. No selc-trac. It is basically a self-managed AWD system. We have the Commander for off-roading, this is just my wife's primary commuter vehicle. I will say it is EXTRMELY nice inside. very comfortable with all the bells and whistles you could want, but never knew you needed :)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I also had Cherokee Sport... 2000 with the 4.0. Loved that thing. So easy to work on. Sold it with almost 240,000 miles on it, and it was still running strong.

·
Premium Member
537 Posts
Congrats on your new Jeep. The wife drives a 2015 Grand Cherokee Overland with the EcoDiesel. We just took it from Dallas to Phoenix and got 28MPG roundtrip average. Those GCs are awesome! You'll really enjoy yours. I traded in my 1998 Cherokee Sport when I got my Commander. The Cherokee had 250,000 miles and that 4.0 ran smooth and strong. Never failed an emissions test and did everything I ever asked of it. I regret getting rid of it to this day.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts