Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I just bought a used Commander with 173K miles on it. My love affair with Jeep started when I was 16 and my parents purchased a used 2001 Jeep Cherokee Limited edition. It was perfect for me and I never had any issues with it. All through high school when I wasn't at practice or games, I worked at a large car dealership detailing vehicles. After (and sometimes during) each shift I would give my beloved Jeep a full detail. I spent hours keeping it clean and in great shape. When one of the used dealers bought a new car, he sold me his 2 twelves, box, amp and wiring. That is the only modifying that I did to it, if that counts.

My love affair came to a crashing end though. On the fateful morning of my graduation party, a terrible awful man went through a red light and T-boned me. I was in disbelief. All of the time and hours and memories that we had made together, all of the work that I put into her were just GONE. I still have a hard time with it today.

The years have gone on and I went to college in Milwaukee then moved to Chicago where vehicles are not the easiest to have. Then, in recent developments, I moved up to St. Paul MN where I am currently. The love that I had for my first Jeep Cherokee never died and the memories lived on with me. I spent numerous hours shopping online as I needed a car to get around up here. Naturally I started looking for a Jeep.

After working and saving up and numerous hours shopping online, I found the one. It was a perfect fit. I found my Jeep Commander that I had been looking for. My heart is happy again and I feel like a new man. I purchased it last Saturday as a consign with the intentions of modifying it a little bit but trying to keep it clean and sleek. It is not perfect but that is not what I was looking for. The 173K miles already on her show in some spots but that is what makes it unique.

This week I started by tinting the front two windows at 18% to match the factory tint in the back. I am having a light bar mounted on the bumper in front of the grill next week too to get started. I also plan on replacing all of the interior lights with dark red LED lights. I plan on looking to do some other things to it here but am looking for help. I want to keep the theme of dark red (the exterior I bought it with is maroon) and black. Any suggestions would be appreciated!!! I will post some pictures of it when I can.

·
Super Moderator
5,763 Posts
Hey all,

I just bought a used Commander with 173K miles on it. My love affair with Jeep started when I was 16 and my parents purchased a used 2001 Jeep Cherokee Limited edition. It was perfect for me and I never had any issues with it. All through high school when I wasn't at practice or games, I worked at a large car dealership detailing vehicles. After (and sometimes during) each shift I would give my beloved Jeep a full detail. I spent hours keeping it clean and in great shape. When one of the used dealers bought a new car, he sold me his 2 twelves, box, amp and wiring. That is the only modifying that I did to it, if that counts.

My love affair came to a crashing end though. On the fateful morning of my graduation party, a terrible awful man went through a red light and T-boned me. I was in disbelief. All of the time and hours and memories that we had made together, all of the work that I put into her were just GONE. I still have a hard time with it today.

The years have gone on and I went to college in Milwaukee then moved to Chicago where vehicles are not the easiest to have. Then, in recent developments, I moved up to St. Paul MN where I am currently. The love that I had for my first Jeep Cherokee never died and the memories lived on with me. I spent numerous hours shopping online as I needed a car to get around up here. Naturally I started looking for a Jeep.

After working and saving up and numerous hours shopping online, I found the one. It was a perfect fit. I found my Jeep Commander that I had been looking for. My heart is happy again and I feel like a new man. I purchased it last Saturday as a consign with the intentions of modifying it a little bit but trying to keep it clean and sleek. It is not perfect but that is not what I was looking for. The 173K miles already on her show in some spots but that is what makes it unique.

This week I started by tinting the front two windows at 18% to match the factory tint in the back. I am having a light bar mounted on the bumper in front of the grill next week too to get started. I also plan on replacing all of the interior lights with dark red LED lights. I plan on looking to do some other things to it here but am looking for help. I want to keep the theme of dark red (the exterior I bought it with is maroon) and black. Any suggestions would be appreciated!!! I will post some pictures of it when I can.
@bizzurke;

Welcome to the forum; Post some pics of your Commander when you can; Here are some links to help you out if you want to do upgrades or repairs to your XK;

Chrysler/Jeep Factory Parts: http://www.factorychryslerparts.com/...ukey_make=1064

Cheapest factory Parts: Find OEM BMW, Fiat, Ford, GM, Mopar, Nissan, Subaru & Toyota Parts & Accessories

JeepinByAl: JBAoffroad.com

JustforJeeps.com - http://www.justforjeeps.com/?gclid=C...9i0hoCSS7w_wcB

Rough County lift kits - Suspension Lift Kits, Body Lifts, Leveling Kit, 4x4, Jeep, Chevy, Dodge, Ford, Off-road Truck | Rough Country Suspension Systems®

AFE: Advanced FLOW Engineering | Engineered Adrenaline

CARiD.com - http://www.carid.com/?gclid=CjwKEAjw...NrrxoCEBbw_wcB

Bilstein shocks & struts - Home

WAM Custom Bumpers - https://wambumpers.com/

4WheelParts.com - Truck Parts & Jeep Parts - Lift Kits, Winches, Tonneau Covers, Tires, Wheels, Bumpers, Performance ? 4 Wheel Parts

RockAuto - http://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/j...catalog%2Fjeep

Also, please read this if you haven't done so already - lots of good information in here;

REQUIRED READING!!! New Member Introduction post & other important new member info.

Thanks and again, welcome aboard.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts